35. befriended

35. befriended

"You win, Han Seojun. You win."

Seojun was never an overthinker. He was not even an average thinker. He did stuff and then thought about it, mostly consequences over precaution and that was what he lived by. His entire 18 years of life was him being rash in his decisions, doing whatever the fuck he wanted to and then looking back at them with a hint of regret.

Like the time when he pretended to be interested in Lim Jugyeong only so he could hurt Lee Suho who was interested in the girl. That backfired pretty fast when he fell for the girl for real and watched her rip his heart into pieces. Or the time when he was so mad at Suho for not being there for their late friend, never really understanding his point of view or his trauma.

Even now, especially now, when a month back he was ready to crush Kang Soojin's esteem, break her completely to make her feel the same pain she infused on Jugyeong. However tables had turn once again, and he felt the same way he did when his other actions had consequences.

Post the very scary statement Soojin said, she had gotten up and left him in the parking lot. He didn't have the courage to follow her or ask her what she meant or simply put, he didn't want to face her after what clearly seemed like she knew everything all along. Seojun was seated on the cold floor for an hour or so, contemplating the what and the why before heading home.

Although the next day in school his overthinking halted when he saw Kang Soojin seated in her usual seat. He would have kept his distance if it wasn't for the black marks on her arms. She hadn't bothered to cover them and he couldn't help but feel rage fill him.

The class hadn't started yet, it was Mr. Han's homeroom class and Seojun sat next to Soojin almost immediately. Kang Soojin didn't bother turning, she was scribbling in her book, possibly solving a math problem or gibberish given Seojun didn't know the difference. But Seojun noticed how her jaw clenched the moment he placed his bag on the bench besides her.

"Who?"

Soojin stopped writing. She held the pen in her hand, gripping it tightly and almost breaking the point of the pen by pressing it on the paper but she didn't bother turning her head.

"Who did it?" Seojun asked again, this time articulating his words carefully and clearly. He was facing her, ignoring how his friends were interested in the duo. "Did your father do this?" He asked, and Soojin's sharp inhaling caught his attention. "Does he hit you? Is that the scar marks?"

Seojun wasn't the softest and his whispers were loud enough for the nearby class to hear too. But thankfully for the chitchat of half the students, and the tardiness of the other, not many were paying attention to them. Suho and Lim Jugyeong sighed at the revelation, Su-ah was too shocked and Soojin glared at Seojun. The other classmates who heard gasped and soon whispers followed.

"Han Seojun," She had the same tone of nonchalance they shared in the beginning. "Shut the fuck up."

Han Seojun scoffed, he was clearly bothered by the fact that Soojin's parents were abusing her and the girl never took a step at that. She'd fight him, she'd fight the school and the world but she couldn't fight her parents?

He held her arm before she could retreat her quest to solve all the math problems in the world and startled the girl. "Let me see," He drew his chair closer, examining her arms and those were imprints of a strong hold. He could see the nail imprints too, dried blood and darker marks.

"Let go," Soojin tried to fight off the hold of the boy who didn't care how the entire class was watching the. "Han Seojun!"

"Wae?" Seojun held her arms, meeting her eyes, "why didn't you tell me?" He was hurt, but she didn't know why.