68. end of beginning

You take the man out of the city, not the city out the man

And when I'm back in Chicago, I feel it
Another version of me, I was in it

- end of beginning (djo)

68. end of beginning 

"Are you not mad at me?"

"No."

"Are you really not mad at me."

"Do you want me to be mad at you?"

"No."

Seojun and Suho looked at each other. Suho raised his eyebrows at the anxious man who was lying on the sofa but could not sleep.

That evening was a whirlpool of emotions to the man who had saved someone from death and seen the woman he fancies in a miserable state.

It also brought back horrible memories of death of his mother and sister and each time he thought about them, Seojun wanted to cry.

"You did good Seojun." Suho sat across from the tall man who lay on the sofa with his legs sprawled on the top. "You did very good, so I am not mad at you for pulling a deadly stunt as that."

Seojun had gone against the instructions of his manager when he headed to drive to the bridge he heard Soojin speak about and save the boy. He did not know the boy, but he had to save him. No one else was going to die on his watch again.

Suho had caught up to him and stopped him.

"Don't stop me from doing this."

"I am not stopping you." Suho calmly said, taking the car keys from Seojun's hands. "Let me drive, let's find him together."

So the old friends had sped through red lights and dark lanes to reach the bridge they were headed to. It was weird, Seojun glanced at Suho who was just as worried as he was to save some guy they did not know.

Were they both trying to heal the old Suho and Seojun who could not save their best friend Seyeon? Was Suho also in pain as he was, hiding behind his smiles and laugh? Was he gonna make Suho live a miserable life ahead now that he decided to leave him too?

All of Seojun's thoughts came to a standstill when Suho hurriedly stopped the car at a very heartbreaking scene.

Soojin raising her hand towards a scared Jaehun and asking him to come back.

Then he slipped and fell in the water.

Before Seojun could grasp the situation, he watched Soojin hurriedly jump from the bridge and splash in the water.

That was when Seojun's heartbeats dropped and he felt what he did when he saw his family die.

No, he shook his head, removing his jacket and his shoes. He was not going to let any of his beloved's die again. He rushed past Suho who couldn't do much to stop the man and took a dive into the dark, cold river.

All for the woman he disowned in front of the world.

It did not matter to him.

Nothing did.

Not the fans, not the KMF, not even his band.

All that mattered was Kang Soojin.

That was it.

That was all he thought about when he swam in the freezing water. That was all he wanted he grabbed the duo and brought them back to safety.

That was all he wanted.