Chapter 10

That same day (Steve's POV) :- Operation B3 (Brooklyn Bad Boy)

"Hey Steve." Y/n called out to me as I was standing in front of the kitchen counter making a health shake for myself. I tried hard not to reply. I knew she was standing right in front of me with this perplexed look, but I kept on using the mixer, so that its loud buzzing sound would make her shout more.

"Steve!!!"

I finally looked up to her and acted out that I couldn't hear due to the sound, making gestures with my hand. Usually I would've switched off the machine at once to answer her, but this time I acted a little rude. Tony said girls fell for egoistical bad boys.

'He better be right!' I muttered as Y/n walked away with a look of what I think was half shock and half displeasure.

**********

I was in the gym, hugging the punching bag, waiting for y/n. Usually we did workouts together every morning and evening. After sometime I heard someone's foot steps. Immediately getting in position, I started punching, acting like I had been there the whole time.

"Steve?" As expected, it was y/n. I could hear the concern in her voice.

I did not reply, acting like I hadn't heard her.

"Steve?" She called out to me once more as she walked towards me.

"Y/n, didn't see you coming." I still did not look at her.

She must have been offended after seeing me act this way, for she stood there watching me quietly for sometime. I kept punching the bag not letting my act faulter a bit.

Finally y/n spoke up.

"Is something wrong?"

I just hummed her a very unreliable answered.

"Fine." I could hear the anger in her voice. She stormed out of the room that very moment.

*********

"Tony! I think I upset her! I hope you know what you're doing because if this goes wrong, I am going to kill you and Clint."

Tony, with a glass of scotch in his hand, patted my back.

"Relax man. She's reacting exactly the way I want her too. You're doing good."

"Gosh you're so worried about being disliked by y/n. Man you must be dead serious." Clint interrupted. He was cleaning his arrows.

We were in the training room, waiting for others to join and do the everyday drill of fighting laser robots.

Bruce and Natasha came in after some time, soon followed by Thor and y/n.

Thor was carrying y/n on his shoulders, who was laughing very hard. Her face was so captivating, radiating innocence and pure happiness. For a moment there I started smiling too, but then realizing that Thor was the one to share this happiness with her, I got upset and maybe just a bit jealous. Ok I admit it, I was jealous to the point of wanting to kill Thor.

"Oi, Capsicle, stop glaring at those two!" Clint poked my shoulder.

"Thor! Get me down, get me down!"

Thor's laugh thundered as he let down y/n.

Tony cleared his throat.

"Okay guys, fun time over. Let's start with the training session."

He leaned over to Bruce and whispered, "Psst, Bruce we need to burrow Natasha for a while ok."

"What ?!" Bruce blushed.