Part 10

A few days had past, with not much happening in them. It was a particularly rainy evening when everybody in the Choi household had gather round for dinner.

"Daily discussion starts now. Kevin, tell me what progress has been happening." Mr Choi exclaimed as he took a passionate sip of his wine.
Kevin explained what he had been recently doing, his list being quite simple and short, nothing in relation to what Lia had been working on.
"Brilliant as usual. Next, you Lia, what do you have to say?" He asked in his usual ignorant tone.
"So, I finalized the upcoming schedules for CatLaw, leaving us a nicer time frame to carry out the necessary plans. As for the new building construction, Mr Jeon said there are a few issues, but I've read over them and have created prints for them to follow. I'll hand them those prints tomorrow. Other than those, I've managed to get a hold of TechG's president to help create funding for the next project. That's all." Lia finished.
Mr Choi just shook his head in disapproval, despite everything Lia stated. Lia gave an upsetting look which was only appropriate.
"Ok, you Ryujin?"
"Yes sir, I'm happy to say I've created a treatment plan for Mr Choi's lump and it's not as bad as it initially looked like. The sessions seem to be going great, I've very pleased with the progress. His muscle movement, memory and retention seem to be of a high level, which is excellent. However, he has been suddenly complaining about issues in his lower spine, which is always something we should examine carefully. I plan on doing a full check tomorrow."
"Wonderful. Progress is being made. Great!" Mr Choi took another sip of his wine.

The rest of the dinner was done in silence. In moments where the two parents and Kevin started talking to each other, Lia looked at Ryujin giving a succumbed expression. Ryujin realized Lia's feeling and just gave her a sweet, loving expression, knowing she couldn't interfere in family matter. Despite it not doing much, Lia appreciated her sweet gesture.

A few hours had passed and everyone was getting ready to go to bed. Well almost everyone, Lia's grandparents went to bed directly after dinner. Which now Ryujin noticed was a frequent occurrence, shouting came from Lia and Kevin's room.

"You know what, I've had enough of this. I'm just going to go out for a while." Lia threw her hands up while grabbing her coat.
"Whatever, leave and never come back for all I care." Kevin hissed at her while taking a huge blow of his cigar. Lia let out a heavy sigh and got ready to go for a walk.

She reached the front door, wore her and shoes and then was interrupted by Ryujin.

"Hey, where are you going?"
"Just for a walk. To clear my mind."
"It's raining outside Lia, at least take an umbrella." Ryujin said as she handed her the umbrella.
"R-right. Thanks." Lia gave a little bow before reaching for the door handle. "Want to join me?"
"I thought you said you wanted to clear your mind?"
"You don't need to be alone to do that you know." Lia laughed at Ryujin's innocence, realizing she was much calmer and gentle whenever she was around the younger girl.
"If you say so. I'll get my coat then."
Lia nodded and patiently waited.

The first few minutes of the walk was done in silence, with Ryujin and Lia close as they were sharing one umbrella. Since Ryujin had the slight height advantage, she was the one holding the umbrella despite Lia insisting she hold it.

"You know, this is the weather that makes you want to sing your heart out." Lia said appreciating the night's darkness and the gentle falling of rain. To add it to this, the streets were quite empty.
"I'd love to hear you." Ryujin said, sweetly nudging Lia's shoulder.
"Alright, tell me a song you like Ryu."
"Hmm... do you like Only by LeeHi?"
"I love that song!"
"I really want to hear you sing it." Ryujin said excitedly. Lia cleared her throat and let the words fly out of her mouth as she sung with the most melodious voice imaginable. (Guys, please look up the English translation to Only if you haven't already, it's so beautiful)

Ryujin, who was in complete awe right now, felt the sincerity Lia had in her voice. There was no doubt in her mind that Lia had hints of love, anger, happiness and despair in her voice. The song ended as Lia let out her breathe. Ryujin stayed silent still trying to absorb the true beauty.

"Was it any good?" Lia asked, a little anxious of Ryujin's quietness.
"Your voice - it's the most beautiful sound ever. It touched me in a way I didn't know was possible." Ryujin said wiping off a tear from her face, or it could have been the rain.
"Thank you." Lia looked down and felt her cheeks redden.
"You're meant to be a singer. If I had a voice like yours, I'd never shut up." Ryujin spoke in a more upbeat tone earning a laugh from Lia.
"You're too sweet."
"Nope, your voice is."
"And what about me?"
"Even sweeter." Ryujin said with the same loving expression. Lia caught Ryujin's gaze, responding with a similar expression, the two just standing still for a while.

"Er-um- I think we've walked a bit too far." Lia panicked, quickly shifting her gaze to the other direction.
"Y-yeah! You're right. Should we head back?"
"We should..." Lia frowned, not wanting this moment with her and Ryujin to end.
"What's wrong? You sound unsure."
"I don't want to go back home to Kevin and my father and whatnot."
"Where should we go then?"
"I don't know. I wish we could just stay like this. I really love your company Ryujin. I've never felt this free in my life. And I've never sang so wholeheartedly for someone before. Maybe it's because you're the only that cares." Lia felt her eyes swelling.
"Well let's walk for a little more. The rain seems to be clearing up."
"Are you sure? You're probably tired."
"Not at all. And I don't mind walking more if it'll make you a little happier." She smiled.

"Let's go then."