26 : Together forever?

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Sunoo please, just for once listen to me. I have to explain. I won't hurt you at all."

Sunoo suddenly rose from his bed.

"Why are you here? How did you get in?" Sunoo inquired, his tone a mixture of anger and softness.

In the meantime, Heeseung burst into the room and firmly seized Sunghoon by the arm.

"The nerve of you!" Heeseung's voice thundered as he clutched Sunghoon's collar.

Sunoo's heart was engulfed in distress, to such an extent that he contemplated the imminent prospect of swooning.

"No wait! Sunoo you have to hear me out please!" Sunghoon exclaimed, though his fervent plea was interrupted as Heeseung forcibly pulled him from the room.

Sunoo, in his resolve, folded his arms tightly across his chest, maintaining a frigid demeanor.

"Sunoo..." Sunghoon whispered, yet Sunoo averted his gaze, resolute in his detachment.

Heeseung was on the verge of leading him away, but once more, Sunghoon eluded his grasp and rushed towards him. Kneeling before Sunoo, he displayed profound despair and misery.

With hands clasped in a gesture of apology, tears welled up in his eyes. Sunoo, witnessing this unprecedented display of vulnerability, was deeply moved.

Heeseung, who was about to intervene once more, was halted abruptly as he observed the distressed state in which Sunghoon found himself.

Heeseung had always perceived Sunghoon as a suitor of many and possessing an unyielding, cold-hearted demeanor.

However, what he was witnessing at the moment left him utterly astounded; this was not the familiar Sunghoon he had come to know.

"Sunoo, please consider that something unusual occurred that night. I would never dream of taking you without your consent. Just give me a chance to explain and trust me," Sunghoon implored earnestly.

Sunghoon uttered these words, his tears flowing unrestrained, drenching his attire in a sorrowful cascade.

Sunoo sensed his chest constricting, a deep yearning to shed tears and envelop Sunghoon in a comforting embrace. Yet, he kept his poker face, like an unyielding stone, unchanged in his demeanor.

However,

One aspect did trouble him profoundly—the memory of his own actions that night. When Sunghoon was drunk, Sunoo had knowingly incited him, yet Sunghoon had retained self-control, refraining from touching Sunoo inappropriately.

The question that perplexed Sunoo was why Sunghoon's behavior had changed that particular night, when Sunoo had previously provoked him without any such consequences.

"Sunoo, please..." Sunghoon implored, his form still knelt upon the ground, his hands tugging at the hem of Sunoo's shirt, resembling a supplicant in search of mercy.

"Sunoo, I love you, and I hate myself for stealing our first kiss in such a manner! My intention was to create a cherished and tender memory, but I am so sorry. I was not myself!" Sunghoon declared amidst heart-wrenching sobs.

Observing the heart breaking scene before him, Heeseung quietly departed the room. His responsibility had been to separate Sunghoon from Sunoo, yet he found himself unable to carry out such a heartless act, not only toward Sunghoon but also toward Sunoo.

Heeseung understood that it was late, and Sunoo's heart had already been entwined with the boy who might have been perceived as the wrong choice—or perhaps the one who had yet to prove himself to Sunoo.