30 : Torn apart

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Dad?" Sunoo stammered, disbelief written all over his face. He was doing his best to keep a lid on his emotions and not freak out. "When did you come back?"

Mr. Kim, Sunoo's old man, got up and strolled over to stand right in front of his son.

"When I got wind of how badly your grades are tanking," Sunoo's anxiety cranked up another notch. The real kicker – what's gonna hit the fan with these sinking grades?

"I assure you, I am committed to improving my studies. Kindly afford me an opportunity," Sunoo earnestly stated, his eyes reflecting hope with a hint of emotion.

"Sunoo, which round of chances are we on now?" Mr. Kim inquired icily. "Third? Fourth? Perhaps the thousandth iteration?"

"Just this one time, please," Sunoo whispered, the words escaping in a hushed tone fueled by intense fear.

Initially, Sunoo dreaded the idea of heading to Japan, fearing he couldn't survive without his best friends. However...

Now, there's only one person on Sunoo's mind – Sunghoon. His name echoes in his thoughts, the sole occupant of his mind at this moment.

"Apologies, son, but no more room for chances," Mr. Kim declared, making his way out of the principal's office. "Care to step outside? I want to have a face-to-face chat with you."

Sunoo quickly nodded and trailed Mr. Kim, but halfway, he paused, turned around, stealing a glance back at Sunghoon.

Sunghoon stood there, a mix of confusion and a touch of fear evident on his face. The couple shared a common dread – the looming threat of breaking up under these circumstances, a fate they were both desperate to avoid.

Sunoo retraced his steps toward Sunghoon. "What are you waiting for? Let's go," he urged, questioning Sunghoon's lingering stance.

Just as Sunghoon was about to speak, the principal interjected, "Your father specifically mentioned he wants a personal conversation with you, Mr. Sunoo. Seems like it could be something private."

Sunoo frowned at the remark, his posture straightening and shoulders broadening. "Sunghoon isn't someone I need to keep secrets from," he asserted.

With pride, Sunoo declared this as he intertwined his hands with Sunghoon's, pulling him along as they headed out together.

Sunoo followed his father to an empty corridor, positioning himself and Sunghoon in front of him.

"Sunoo, it seems my request for a one-on-one conversation wasn't clear," Mr. Kim scowled.

"Well, I won't hide anything  from—"

"Have you now mustered the audacity to argue with me?" Mr. Kim snarled, prompting Sunoo to flinch and Sunghoon to wear a disapproving frown.

"Mr. Kim, please. You're frightening Sunoo. Could you please try to remain composed?" Sunghoon struggled to contain his building anger.

"Do not interfere, Mr. Park Sunghoon," Sunoo's dad warned, leaving the two young boys bewildered and shocked.

"Dad? Do you know him?" Sunoo asked in disbelief.

"Of course, how couldn't I? The cause of your plummeting grades, right?" Mr. Kim smirked.

"So, it means you know—"

"Yes, son, I'm aware that he's your recent interest, and you two have been involved since the start of this school," Mr. Kim angrily said as he held Sunoo's nape, pressing his thumb on the fresh purplish and red hickeys.