31 : Soulmates

[THIRD PERSON'S POV]

After Mr. Kim bid farewell to Sunoo, he strolled out of the campus toward his car, contemplating the decisions that had unfolded. As he neared his vehicle, an impulse seized him, compelling him to follow Sunoo to Japan.

"Sir!"

A voice called out, arresting his steps. He turned to find a student from the campus, his features obscured by uncertainty.

"Hello. I'm... Sunghoon's best friend, Jay. We need to talk, Sir," the young man stated with an earnestness that piqued Mr. Kim's interest.

___

"You're baring your soul, fearless of the consequences, aren't you?" Mr. Kim probed, his intense gaze delving into Jay's eyes, seeking the authenticity veiled within.

"I disclosed everything, believing it's right for you to know before others attempt to poison your perception with false statements, Sir," Jay responded. "Certain individuals harbor jealousy toward the duo."

"What if Sunghoon persists in causing harm to my son with his foolish mistakes?" Mr. Kim inquired, concern etching lines on his face.

"It won't happen because, as I explained, it was Soujun who orchestrated those actions against him. Sunghoon loves Sunoo. Please, don't sever their connection; they are deeply in love and wouldn't survive without each other, sir," Jay pleaded earnestly.

"Well, I had contemplated separating them, but witnessing my son's care for him reveals that he has already forgiven Sunghoon and harbors a profound love for him," Mr. Kim admitted, a shift in his perspective evident.

"Please, sir," Jay pleaded desperately, his heart pounding with emotion. "I beg of you, don't tear them apart. Let them stay together, against all odds."

"Even now, if I were inclined to, I wouldn't be able to separate them. Sunoo is exceptionally dear to both me and his mother. He has been our entire world since childhood. So... do not worry, son. Everything will be alright," Mr. Kim reassured with a gentle smile. "If he loves Sunghoon, then there's nothing we can do about it."

Before Jay could respond, Soujun abruptly appeared, his demeanor unhinged as he began shouting like a deranged person, blood dripping from his mouth, evidence of the violence he endured at the hands of the others in their group.

"How could you! Wait! Do you know what he tried to do to your precious Sunoo? Then let me tell you—" Soujun's words hung in the air, laden with accusation and chaos.

"I'm aware of everything, young man. Jay filled me in on the details."

"And you're still allowing them to be together? I thought you came here to take action against Sunghoon," Soujun scoffed, his laughter tinged with sarcasm.

"I cannot intervene because I've learned about the struggles they faced to be together. As for you, stay away from the duo. They've overcome significant challenges to be here, and they won't hesitate to confront you as well," Mr. Kim stated firmly, then turned to smile at Jay.

"I appreciate your honesty in revealing everything. Take care, and rest assured, this won't take much time. Sunoo and Sunghoon will find their way back to each other eventually."

Mr. Kim disregarded Soujun's presence and departed.

"You should be grateful that I didn't expose your identity as the Soujun responsible for harming Sunoo and Sunghoon," Jay smirked at Soujun, delivering a harsh smack to the back of his head. "Now, go and find someone else for yourself."

Jay departed from the scene, leaving Soujun in a state of bewilderment, his mouth still agape in stunned

******************************
[THIRD PERSON'S POV]