Threats And Temptation

Immediately, Zach steps back from me and allows me to exit the room. 

My heart is still racing. My ears are ringing with the threat he's just made on my innocence. I try not to make eye contact as I leave, but my inquiring eyes find his beautiful blue ones staring at me in only that personal way he does. His attractive face is tight; his lips are pursed.

"What the hell is going on?!" Sally's voice is high and squeaky. She is completely shocked to see me alone in a room with a guy, let alone with the guy she has seen me trade nothing but insults with. "What are you doing?"

I fold my arms across my chest as though I've been caught doing something wrong, "We were talking." I duck my head as I tuck some hair behind my ear.

Zach's face goes sullen, and his eyes soften.

"Behind closed doors?" She asks with a look of curiosity painted on her angel-like face. I can see it in her expression. She doesn't believe a word that I'm saying.

"What business is it of yours?!" Zach snaps rudely. He quickly becomes impatient, and I can tell that he's angry for being interrupted before he gets what he wants.

Sally's eyes grow bigger, "Excuse me?" She almost chokes on her words she is so angry. "This is my house!"

"And?" He continues, his tone clipped and annoyed. "Does that mean that you have to know when people are alone in rooms together?"

"With my best friend, yes I do." She fires back.

Zach stands back and watches her carefully, contemplating his next move.

"Relax, Sally, nothing was going on. Nothing is ever going to go on." I reassure her with a nod.

Zach clears his throat in the background, no doubt trying to get my attention, but I just ignore him. I'm not discussing what Dad did or did not do anymore tonight.

Sally takes a long pause where she looks over at me and then at Zach, trying to gauge our body language, the looks in our eyes, and our breathing patterns. I don't know about him, but I look her directly in the face when she looks my way. I don't try to look away or hide the fact that I have been embarrassed. I deal with it all head-on.

After what feels like forever, she finally gives up with a nod and then begins down the hallway. I'm just about to follow behind when I feel a hand on mine, which stops me dead in my tracks. I freeze up and can't move. I stop breathing for a moment, and my heart hammers hard and fast against my chest.

Why does he affect me like this? Why does he even get a reaction out of me?

"Wait." He whispers behind me. I swear he must be right at my ear because I can feel his warm breath on my skin.

Sally has disappeared back down the hall and into the crowd by now.

I'm not sure how much time I've got until she comes looking for me again, so I just try to ignore the way my body responds to his undeniable touch.

It doesn't make any sense to me. How am I still so vulnerable to him after all that he has just said to me? How can I still be so nervous around him after he has pretty much started to blackmail me into having sex with him?

I should hate him, but I don't. Not really. I should be terrified of him, but I'm only a little hesitant to be alone with him, and that has nothing to do with any fear that he might physically hurt me. I should want to keep my distance, but I find myself wanting. No need to be near him.

Am I truly that desperate to rid myself of the Chastity belt that I’ve kept so close to myself this long that my body doesn’t care who removes it?