Being Someone Else

Once inside, he tries to turn the lights on, but I stop him right away, "Leave them off." 

I might lose my nerve if I can see him.

Turning around, I can only make out the outline of his face as he walks towards me. I reach my hand out to touch him, and when I feel his face within my hands, I lean into the darkness to kiss him. And when his lips finally come to mine it’s as though an explosion has erupted. I can't see anything in the room, but I can hear his harsh breathing, his lips strong and demanding against mine.

His hands wander carelessly to the buttons of my blouse, and he fidgets for a while in the dark, but when he gets the shirt all the way unbuttoned, he pulls it off from me and tosses it aside.

I drop my hands to the hem of his shirt, kissing him as I begin to pull it up his body. Once It's off, he drops it to the floor and pulls me tight against him, a groan deep in his throat. His naked chest is long and hard, and I fit beside him perfectly. He embraces me fiercely, his hand resting on my backside, his scent engulfing me.

He spins me around and brings me to his body, his lips hot and wet on my neck, licking and biting. All my senses are electrified. I can't see him. But I feel him. My skin tingles from his presence, his lips, his touch.

In the dark, I can be who I want to be. I can pretend that I'm a brazen seductress and Zach is my victim. In the dark, I can allow myself to want to feel him like this, and I won't have to feel bad about it. I know that once the lights come back on, I'll regret my actions in this room, but right now when I can't see him or hear his voice, I can want this.

Slowly, he takes my hand and begins walking me back until I feel the bed on the back of my legs. I sit down on the edge, and he forces me to lay flat, climbing over top of me as he kisses me again, crushing his hard chest against my body. This time, his tongue slips into my mouth.

Normally, I wouldn't allow him to kiss me like this, but in this room, I am someone else. I can do things that I'd never dare do if I were able to see him.

He crushes me with the weight of his body and nudges his knee between us, parting my legs slightly.

A second later, I feel his groin rub against me as a tight groan escapes his mouth. His hard erection strains against his jeans, right where I'm most sensitive, warmth building at my thighs.

He rocks into me once, slowly hitting the spot where I can't stop the moan that slips from my lips. He feels good like this, moving against me in just that perfect way. And I want more. 

"Move with me." He breaks the silence in a low, commanding tone as he finds my hands with his, threading our fingers together.

Slowly, I move my hips to grind against him, feeling the heat between my legs start to blossom. He pushes against me harder, and with each thrust forward, I get a little closer to the edge.

I shouldn't want this, but right now, all I want to do is chase down the blistering fire.

His breathing turns harsh and loud. He pins my hands above my head, grinding down on me harder, hitting that sensitive bundle of nerves between my thighs.

I try to fight my hands free so that I can pull him closer, but his grip is too tight, and his body is too heavy.

He forces my legs further apart with a knee, and when his erection grinds into me, this time, it feels too good. My body reaches, and I can feel that I'm close to a feeling I've never felt. I'm close to a place I've never been to before.

He groans low in his throat, bucking desperately against me now like he's strong enough to tear through my clothes; his lips hard and wild on mine. His head falls against my shoulder.

His skin is right there next to my face, and the temptation is too much. I lean over and bite his neck, and he lets out a primal growl, thrusting wildly against me again, hitting the spot one last time before I cry out and feel a wave of fire wash over me like a cool beach wave.

"Fuck." He growls, his body tensing up as he slows the movement of his hips and holds me firmly to him. He continues to move against me but I can tell that he's only trying to come down from his own orgasm.

After what feels like an eternity, I hear him try to say something.

"Shh," I whisper carefully. I don't want to have to face the music right now. I just want to lay here and allow these pulses in my body to fade away.

He doesn't try to speak again; he only traces my jaw with gentle fingertips before I feel his lips on mine once more. However, this kiss feels different. He no longer kisses me in an attempt to lead to something else, this is a lazy kiss. This is a comforting kiss. This is a sated kiss.

When he finally rolls off from me to get his shirt back on and I feel the loss of his body and his closeness a wave of sadness hits me. I feel too light without him near me. I feel too vulnerable.

He places a small peck on my lips before opening the door, the ray of light from the hall illuminating his back as he slips out of the bedroom.

I sit up on the bed and listen for his footsteps to fade before blindly searching the floor for my blouse. When I feel the thin familiar fabric, I do my best to button it up and try to tame my wild hair.

Back out into the light, I notice that the party has fizzled. Only a few people remain dancing in the living room now It appears that Anna and Travis have left and Shelby is dancing with Sally while Zander and an unknown guy sit back and watch them.

I walk over to them and they all instantly stare at my face.

"Where have you been?" Sally asks, well, accuses.

"I've been around." I shrug. There is no way that she can tell I just had sort of sex.

"Was that guy outside Toby?" She asks with a confused expression. Drunk Sally is nosy Sally.

"Sure was.".

"I have had a little too much to drink tonight." She smiles big with wide eyes and a slur of her words. She stops moving and stands still. "I think I need to lay down."

I'm just about to grab her by the arm to help her to her bedroom when Zach walks by and gives me a dark, knowing look, his eyes burning into mine, a small smile developing on his lips. His scent lingers in the air after he leaves and it leaves me breathless.

I shake free of the images of the two of us moving together in the dark, my body trembling when I remember the way it felt to be underneath him.

Shelby helps me bear the weight of Sally, and we walk her into her bedroom and lay her on her side on her bed. Once she's snoring away, we shut the door to let her rest.

"I think I'm going to head out. You look tired as well." Shelby turns to me and says, "And between us, I saw Zach follow you down the hallway earlier."

My skin heats and my cheeks turn scarlet. It's time to face the music.

I open my mouth to say something but before I have to she nods, "It's okay. I won't say anything. Just be careful with that one."

I don't know what to say to that so I just nod. "Thanks."

She gives me a friendly hug and then drags the remaining stragglers out of the apartment with her.

Peace and quiet at last.