I Lied

“What the hell is your problem?” I spin around on my heel and turn to face him. “Just leave me alone.” I know that I sound desperate, but at this moment, I don’t care. I just want all of his games to stop. I already did what he wanted. I need this urge to go away. It gets too hard to fight when he’s near me.

His lips part, and he opens his mouth to say something but decides better of it and instead lets go of my hand.

“I can’t.” He finally whispers after attempting to speak for a long pause. “I just can’t let you be with someone else. I can’t allow you to fuck anyone else” Jealous fire flares in his blue eyes.

“That’s not your choice,” I reply. It's a rude snap but I don't care. He deserves worse. “I already gave you what you wanted. We’re done.”

Once I’ve said my piece to him I turn to leave him standing there but once more he prevents me from walking away. His firm grip is tight on my wrist and when he spins me back around I brace myself against the hard muscle of his chest.

The stairwell fills with that familiar hazy fog. The one that ceases my mind to remember that this is wrong. The one that fills my blood with lust and desperation for release.

“Just. Stop.” He growls and I feel his chest rise. “Just. Stay here with me.” He lets go of my wrist and his voice is different when he takes my head in his hands, his eyes searching mine deeply. “I didn’t mean what I said in there. I lied about you being nothing.”

“Zach,” I whisper as I try to look away from the intensity in his eyes.

“There’s no blackmail this time.” His voice drops an octave on a murmured curse that prickles my skin “I want you, Hollie.”

My mind races. My pulse jumps into my throat. I’m so confused.

I remember how it felt to be naked beneath him. I remember the way his skin felt when he was pressed against me. I remember the way my body felt when he kissed me. I remember the way he made my head and body go numb when he was inside me. The rough but gentle way he took me.

But, I also remember the blackmail. The hateful look in his eyes when I told him that Dad was sick. The way he talked about me when I lost my virginity to him, how he degraded me and made me feel so low about myself. I remember the cold way he tossed Anna aside and made her cry. I remember how it was so easy for him to have an affair with his best friend’s girlfriend.

No.

He doesn’t get to choose whether we have something more than what has happened.

He doesn’t get to make all the rules, here.

No.

“So, I’m supposed to just jump back into your bed all because you still want me?” I rip myself away from his seducing embrace. My brown eyes go cold as I stare into his beautiful face. “No, Zach you don’t get to make my decisions for me.”

“I’m not trying to.” He angrily runs his fingers through his soft, blond hair. “I don’t know what I’m doing here. I’ve never-”

“Don’t even.” I cut him off with a hand, “I’m not about to listen to the most clichéd line in movie history.”

“I just want to fuck you.” He hisses. “And I don’t want you to be with anyone else.”

“But you can be, right?” I fold my arms over my chest with a roll of my eyes.

“No.” He shakes his head once. “I’ll only have sex with you.”

“You’re kidding, right?” I can’t help but chuckle at his suggestion.