6

i was in professor lee's class, sitting beside kitty who was behind yuri and dae. kitty was staring at them for a really long time. i quietly sighed and took out a piece of paper from my notebook.

i thought about what to say before writing on the paper. for a bit, we just wrote on the paper back and forth until the bell rang.

u good?

it's weird seeing them together like that

yeah i don't blame you. it's weird for me too, but not in the way it's weird for you

how so?

well for starters, he talked about you 24/7.
minho always got the biggest headaches whenever the d word would mention your name. it's just odd that he used to talk about you all the time but has been seeing yuri behind everyone's backs over the summer

i agree. so you and minho?

we've been friends ever since we were born. our parents met in a film they were both in so we've been inseparable ever since.

you know he likes you right?

what?! no he doesn't

he so does. have you seen the way that boy looks at you? pure adoration and love

i refuse to believe it! he's my bestfriend thats so weird

do you like him?

truth be told, i just got out of a relationship. it feels like i would be moving on too fast.

what do you think of minho?

i think he's funny, kind, he's attractive i guess?

you guys would look so good together

would we? i feel like that would be so weird

the bell rang and everyone started to pack up. "i'll see you all tomorrow" professor lee said. "dae, you and yuri are adorable. do you guys have other classes together?" some random girl asked. i rolled my eyes and continued packing my things.

"um, im not sure" he replied, walking away. "he knew my school schedule when i was thousands of miles away" kitty said. "fakey mcfakerson" she said. "one, the relationship kinda looks real and two, never say fakey mcfakerson ever again" i said.

"dae wait!" yuri called out to him. kitty and i were about to walk out of the class when lee stopped her. "i'll see you in the caf" i said to her before leaving the class.

i walked to the caf and got my lunch before sitting with minho. "so how were your classes?" he asked, taking the cherry from my cupcake off. "hey, that was mine!" i said. "fuck you" i said changing languages. "you wish" he replied in korean.

"ew. not around the food" i rolled my eyes.

"my classes were good. i have lee with kitty, yuri, and dae. not that i talk to dae much because yuri has him occupied" i said. "so you talk to kitty then?" he asked, "yep. we spent the last like five minutes passing notes" i said.

"what about you?" i asked. "so boring without you. i miss first periods with you they were always so fun" he groaned. "don't miss me too much. besides next semester we have first period together" i said trying to cheer him up.

once the bell rang, minho and i walked to chemistry together. "i'm gonna sit with q for a bit and then i'll come sit with you" i said to him. he nodded and walked away.

"congrats, kitty. right on time." professor dinner tu said. "thank you. i'm starting to figure this place out." kitty said out of breath, sitting in the empty chair next to minho.

"oh he's gonna hate that" q said nudging me, "huh?" i asked looking up. "oh i know i'm gonna get an earful from him tonight" i muttered.

once they both made eye contact they both sighed. "hah, this is gonna be funny" i said looking at the pair.

"professor finnerty, i want a new lab partner. portland stalker is in remedial classes." minho said, making me stifle a laugh. "no." professor replied. "hah get shit on" i whispered to q.

q and i were laughing when i heard a familiar tune. "poopy baby?" i whispered looking at q. "it's him" kitty said.

the entire class started laughing. i kind of felt bad for him. i knew he was gonna rant about it for hours later.

"okay, okay. that's fine. everybody can pick their own lab partners, but quickly. chemistry doesn't it itself!" finnerty said.

i saw kitty walk up to me and smile. "hey, y/n" kitty smiled. "oh no kitty i am not moving" i said. "minho just said he wants you to be his new lab partner though!" she exclaimed. "fine. but you owe me" i said packing my things up.

"um, what're you doing?" q asked, "who even knows at this point" i sighed. "my thing" kitty replied.

then kitty went up to florian. "uh oh..." i said nudging quincy. "she is not" he whispered. "she is" i said nodding my head.

i then got up quickly as florian started to make his way over to us. "good luck" i mouthed to him before sitting next to minho. "hi" i said to minho. "hi" he chuckled before going back to his work. he looked back and smiled at me. i felt all tingly inside

all of the boys you've loved before
"when you smile it kills me."