30

once i got off my flight, i headed towards the exit. there, i saw the driver that i'd grown up with. i think i spent more time with him than i did minho. and that said a lot because i've spent a lot of time with him over the past 16 years.

"hi!" i said excitedly to derek. "before you tell me anything about korea, get into the car first. it's a long drive so you can tell me all about it" he said, taking my suitcase.

keeping my carry on with me, i got into the passenger seat. "six years later, and you still insist on sitting in the passenger seat" he said getting into the drivers side.

"well i think a conversation is more meaningful this way" i said, putting on my seatbelt. "so what's been going in this year? i read about your new boyfriend. no more minho? i remember when you had the biggest crush on him" he said.

"it's a long story but i'll explain..."

after a very, very, very lengthy conversation with derek, we finally arrived at home. "i've missed this place. and my bed" i sighed, getting out. while derek was getting my things to hand to one of the other maids around the house, i decided to head in first.

"mom?" i yelled out, no response. "momm?" i yelled again. sometimes with my mom i have to yell everything twice just because she never hears the first time.

i heard fast footsteps come towards me. "y/n!" she exclaimed, giving me a hug. "hi mom" i said. "erica will get you unpacked in your room, i want to hear about this boyfriend of yours" she said.

her phone rang and her eyes widened, "it's my manager, i'll be right back" she said. i nodded and took a seat outside on the patio. i took my phone out from my sweater and facetimed ji-ho.

the phone rang for a bit and he never picked up. weird. i decided to text him just to let him know that i was alive, incase he was just busy.

"okay i'm back! tell me all about him" my mom said, sitting next to me. "well he's really sweet and he does a lot for me. although ever since i left seoul he hasn't responded to my texts or my calls" i said. "maybe he's just busy?" she asked. "hm. yeah. maybe" i said shrugging my shoulders.

"anyways yeah he's really great i like him a lot" i said, shaking off other thoughts. "and minho?" she asked. "i haven't talked to him since the... y'know" i said. "ah right since the kiss" she said a little bit too loud. the help was definitely going to gossip about this later.

"but, yeah. we haven't talked since then. i don't think we will ever talk about it" i said shrugging my shoulders. not that it bothered me if we didn't talk about it anyways, it's an awkward subject. like what do you even say in that situation?

"well if he ever calls back, i'd love to meet him. i'll go let you rest now, i'm sure the jet lag will hit you hard" she said kissing my forehead and going back inside the house.

i sighed and decided while i was here i'd at least do some tanning. i went back inside the house and into my room. every time i visit i half expect it to look completely different, it never does. it always stays the same, right where i left it.

even my bathroom, sure it's cleaned every now and then while i'm not occupying it, but everything stays the same.

being home gives me a sense of security, where nothing has changed. everything remains
exactly how it was even though my entire life has been altered this year. i like sleeping in the bed i've had since i could sleep on my own. i like waking up every morning to have breakfast with my mom.

after i changed into my bathing suit, i went back outside and laid down on one of the chairs. i put in my airpods and blasted some music.

the playlist i had playing was one of those playlists that play a happy, upbeat song but then the next is a super sad song.

one moment dirty clothes is playing, and the next, it's take me back to the night we met. something about the song always makes me cry. maybe it's because i could really relate to it. i would die to go back and confess my feelings right then and there, maybe i wouldn't be stuck like this.

eventually, i immersed myself in the song and fell asleep.

i woke up to somebody shaking me. "y/n! wake up! check your phone right now" my mom said. "what? what happened?" i asked, getting up and rubbing my eyes. "check your phone right now!" my mom said, obviously panicked.

i groggily turned on my phone and saw it flooded with notifications. there were dozens of texts and calls from q, kitty, yuri, dae, eunice, everyone. but most of all, ji-ho.

i scrolled through the notifications, and saw i was tagged in a bunch of comments. i quickly clicked on one of them, which opened up instagram and led me to the post.

i looked at it for a second. processing what it was. there were so many photos, i think i wanted to throw up.

idolsleakeddd

idosleakeddd rising kpop star, ji-ho, seen holding hands with the company's newest trainee isabella

idosleakeddd rising kpop star, ji-ho, seen holding hands with the company's newest trainee isabella. what does this mean for y/n and ji-ho? what're your thoughts on the homewrecker?

6,000 comments

y/n.stan
wtf?? it's one thing if she didn't know he was taken, but she CLEARLY did, since they were all the talk a few months ago. what a homewrecker. not to mention he was just playing with y/ns heart like that?

minholover420
y/n x minho come back????

view 6000 more comments.

tears spilled out of my eyes as i turned my phone off. "what the fuck?" i whispered as i cried in my moms arms. "i'm so so sorry, sweetie" she said, rubbing my back.