31

i decided not to pick up any of ji-ho's calls. if i wasn't in the right state of mind to text him, i wouldn't be able to call him.

but over the past few days, i thought on it and decided today would be the day i answered his calls. i spent three days listening to his bullshit voicemails and today id be listening to whatever bullshit explanation he's had planned.

he always called at the exact same times. every hour. i watched my clock and as soon as it hit the next hour, my phone started ringing. i picked up, "hi" i said dryly. "you picked up" he breathed out, "you picked up?" he asked. "yes i picked up, now what do you want" i said, rolling my eyes.

"i just wanted to explain things" he said. i took my phone from my ear and flipped it off. what he can't see cant hurt him, right?

"fine. start talking" i said putting the phone on speaker. while he was talking i decided to start unpacking my things.

"you're probably wondering how long i've been cheating on you for, and it's been a month" he said. "you've been cheating on me for over half of our relationship?!" i yelled out of shock. "look, okay, in my defence-" i interrupted him and accidentally threw a pair of jeans at my wall.

"in your defence? there is no excuse for cheating! get over yourself!" i exclaimed. "i thought you still liked minho and i got insecure so i just, i don't know it just happened" he sighed.

the fuck?

"so instead of talking to me about it, like normal people do. and ask for reassurance, you go and cheat on me? honestly, what kind of a man are you?" i shook my head and started to angrily fold my clothes. "you call and call and call and beg me to respond to your texts and call you back and this is the excuse you give me?"

i picked up my phone and hung up. i'm not going to let a cheater stress me out on my own device.

after i finished unpacking everything, i heard the doorbell ring. deciding to let one of the maids answer the door, i heard the phone in my room ring. raising a brow, i looked at who dialled, it was the downstairs phone.

"is it for me?" i asked, referring to the guest at the door. "yes" she said, i thanked her and hung up.

i made my way down the stairs and saw him. i knew he was in LA but what was he doing here. "uh, minho, hi" i said to him. "can we talk?" he asked holding up a bag of food. i assumed it was wings and fries.

"sure...?" i asked. it wasn't even a question to him, more like a question to myself.

he walked into the house, taking off his shoes and we walked to the kitchen. "honey garlic?" i asked, as he opened the boxes of food. "no barbecue" he said, taking the next box out. "yes honey garlic" he said opening it. i smiled, happy that he remembered.

i got the ranch out from the fridge, and put a straw in my drink before settling down and eating. "so, i heard what happened" he said. "who hasn't" i muttered shoving a fry into my mouth. "what excuse did he come up with?" he asked.

"he thought i liked you, and got insecure, so he's been cheating on me for over a month" i said shrugging my shoulders. "did you like me?" he asked. i didn't know what to say. i didn't even know if i liked him back then. "i don't know" i replied.

"can we talk about the kiss?" he asked, i tussled with the idea of saying no, but that's what he was here for right?

i slowly nodded my head and he started to talk.

"i don't know what that kiss meant to you or if it meant anything to you, but it meant something to me." i didn't know what to think. did the kiss even mean something to me?

"what did it mean to you?" i asked. it could've meant something good or bad you never know. "it meant that i fell in love with you. i've always been in love with you it's always been you." he confessed.

he's in love with me? hearing those words made my stomach flutter, deep down i've always harboured feelings for him. sometimes i compressed them and sometimes i didn't.

i got up from my seat and washed my hands. if i was going to do this, i wanted to have clean hands, not hands covered in honey garlic sauce. after i washed my hands, i walked up to him and held his hands. that feeling of his hands on mine makes my knees weak.

"can we take this slow? i just got out of a relationship, i don't want you to feel like a rebound. if i'm going to be with you i'm going to be healed" i said.

"we'll take it slow then" he said pulling me into a tight hug, "i missed you so much" he whispered. "i'm never letting you go ever again" he said. i could only smile.

a/n
FAM ITS NOT OVER YET TRUST