19

the next morning we woke up bright and early to clean up parts of the garden so it looked like the flood had never happened. in reality we were all just doing it for the extra hour before curfew. i quickly but in my airpods and blasted some music before starting to pick up leaves and shit like that.

eventually someone tapped my shoulder. i turned around and took out an airpod. "i've been calling out your name for the past five minutes" minho said. "airpods" i replied before picking up more clutter.

"can we just talk?" he asked, "no" i replied. i refused to let someone stress me out on my own time. i turned on my music again but turned the volume down. "please. look i'm sorry okay?" he said. as if sorry will do anything now. he's said it a bunch of times at this point it just feels like a word.

he eventually walked away and i continued to pick up clutter.

after a bit i heard a bunch of screaming coming from a bunch of girls. not that i cared much so i just stood from afar listening to him talk. "she kept me warm on a very cold night" mr park said. i internally threw up. probably the grossest thing i've ever heard. i actually felt bad for minho having to hear that about his mom.

dae asked me to help him with this surprise for kitty, being the good friend i am, i agreed. as we were hanging the fairy lights along the wooden railings he spoke up. "i know you don't wanna talk about him. but i thought you should know that he's gonna give dating madison a chance" he said.

if you knew i wouldn't wanna talk about him then why bring it up? though, i felt relief. if he was moving on with someone new then maybe i should too.

"these are so cute dae. kitty is gonna love them" i said, turning them on. we went up the steps and set up the picnic.

after, dae and i went to go get kitty. "knock knock" dae said, holding the flowers i helped him pick. "your dates here!" yuri exclaimed. "he's my date. of course he's my date" kitty whispered. "hi" she smiled. "you look beautiful" he complimented. i liked her jeans not gonna lie.

soon the two were off on their date leaving yuri and i. "you should go talk to minho" yuri said, "why would i do that?" i asked. "i don't know, get some closure or something" she shrugged her shoulders.

"dae told me he's gonna give dating a try" i said laying down on the bed. yuri immediately started to laugh, "minho. dating?" she managed to get out. i started to laugh too. "yeah apparently" i sighed wiping a tear away.

"that's weird. how're you feeling about it?" she asked. "i'm feeling... i don't know. i'm glad he's moving on, it feels like a sign that i'm ready to move on to someone else" i said. "yeah, maybe i'll go talk to him"

after sitting with my thoughts for way too long, i decided to go talk to him. i knew it was stupid since it could probably set me back but i needed the closure. maybe this could be a step forward to being friends again.

i walked into his tent and saw him sleeping in bed, in his favourite suit. with rose petals everywhere and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. i knew these were all for madison and she didn't show up.

feeling bad i nudged his foot. he eventually woke up and looked surprised to see me. "hey" i said softly. "what're you doing here?" he asked, "i came to talk. if you want" i said. "really?" he asked, patting the spot next to him.

i nodded and sat down. "i'm sorry for not responding. i just wasn't ready to deal with... this yet." i said. "no, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have done that to you. it was shitty and such a bad thing to do" he replied. "why did you do it?" i asked. "why did you make me like you and then play me like that?"

"i didn't mean to. i really did like you, but at the time i think i may have liked you and kitty. and then at the party madison was just there and i just did it impulsively" he rambled. i nodded.

"hey!" madison said, entering the tent. "where have you been? why didn't you text me back?" minho asked. "i was with ocean park-" minho cut her off. "woah. you stood me up for him?" he asked. "i'm gonna go. it was nice talking to you" i said to him before leaving.

i reflected on our talk on my walk back and smiled. i'm glad we talked it out, i feel better about the entire situation. i decided that i was ready to move on with someone else. i could finally let this part of me go.

All Of The Boys You've Loved Before
"moving on from someone you never had
in the first place."