14

when i arrived to the party it was full of people dancing. there was never a year where minho didn't go full out for these things. for as long as i could remember these used to be mediocre sized and now it's like more than half of the school here.

i decided to walk down the stairs and everyone was staring at me. once i got down the stairs i decided to walk around the place and maybe i'd find minho somewhere.

i felt someone tap my shoulder. i turned around and it was q and kitty. "oh my god you look so good" they both said to me. "you look go good too!" i said to the two of them. "so have you seen minho?" q asked, "not at all" i sighed.

"ever since kitty moved in, he's been avoiding my dorm like the plague" i said. "well i'm sure he'll be drooling over you soon enough" q said dragging me to where florian was.

we all grabbed drinks when kitty mentioned that dae was here. we all looked over and saw him staring at us. i could tell that kitty was deep into thought about him. "earth to kitty" i said snapping my fingers in her face.

"nope, i'm here to meet a new boy to kiss" she said. "thats my girl!" i said downing my drink and getting another one. kitty took q's drink and said how she was going to meet new people or something like that.

"never actually had alcohol before, but liquid courage, right?" she asked. "uh there's actually no alcohol in these. mock tails only. underage drinking in korea, huge no-no. people get canceled for that. just ask y/n" q said. "yep! i was a victim of it once. people got over it eventually though" i yelled over the music.

"well, lucky for us. i'm french" q said bringing out a flask. he poured some alcohol in our drinks. i took a drink when i saw dae come over.

"kitty you look amaze" we cut him off by walking away, "zing." dae finished. "sorry" q and i said. "it's hard to be friends with kitty and dae" i muttered.

kitty and i went to go boy shopping. "oh he's cute!" i said pointing to someone. "too frowny" she said. i saw florian come over to us, "hi. i see your eyeballs. you're boy shopping!" he said pouring some more alcohol in her drink.

"gonna go find minho" i said to the two of them before leaving. eventually i gave up and started to talk to yuri at the bar. "so how are you and minho? these text updates aren't enough" she begged. "i don't even know" i sighed. "he ditched me on chuseok and then he showed up with wings and face masks asking for my forgiveness. and then we fell asleep cuddling"

"but then chuseok morning, hun and kitty had a little moment. it was the way he looked at her dude! i cant even explain it but it was more than 'just friends'" i explained.

"i'm sure you're overthinking it. plus minho would never go for kitty because dae" she said. "speaking of. how are you and dae?" i asked. "we're alright. he's still a bit standoffish" she said, referring to the fake dating thing.

yeah i knew about it but i signed an NDA so i wasn't really at liberty to speak about it, unless i wanted to get sued.

we continued to talk more until we both heard geon talking shit about yuri. "shhh don't say anything yet. who knows, kitty might defend you" i said. "there's no way any guy leaves you for yuri" he said, we both looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

"oh, well-" she sounded like she was about to oppose that opinion but he cut her off. "seriously, she's not even pretty" he said. "and you are?" i scoffed, looking at his forehead. "and her nose is a little... not little" he said. "he's one to talk about big noses. i'm sure his nose is bigger than his dick, let's be for real now" i said.

"hey, that's not nice!" kitty said. "see, she's defending you even though she hates your guts" i said. "girls like yuri are just overcompensating. but you? you're gorgeous and smart." he finished.

"you think talking bad about yuri scores you points with me?" she asked. "kittys going to defend you. i can feel her anger from here" i said to yuri. "well, that don't impress me much" she said.

"seriously? is shania twain just not a thing here?" she asked. "god, where is q when you need him?" she exclaimed. "yuri and i may not be friends, but who are you to talk about her like that? women are not just here for your judging pleasure." she said.

yuri and i smiled at each other, happy that kitty had her back. "also, fyi, i have seen yuri up close and i can confidently tell you her nose is annoyingly perfect" she said, taking her drink. "jerk" she said walking away.

"she isn't wrong your nose is perfect" i said shrugging my shoulders.

yuri soon dragged me to the dance floor and we both started dancing along with eunice. i was looking around the venue and i saw minho, front row looking at me. he was cheering me on.

yuri left and dragged dae to the dance floor. i was talking to kitty when dae came up. soon enough q and florian rushed over.

they started talking but i saw minho walk over to me. "i'll be back" i said running away. "hey!" i said to him, "hi" he smiled. "i've been looking for you all over the place. you look good" i said looking at his outfit. "when do i not look good" he said. "whatever makes you happy" i replied. "you look good too. really good" he said.

"come dance with me!" i gripped his arm and dragged him to the dance floor. "loosen up a bit. being a host doesn't mean you can't have fun" i yelled over the music.

he wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled. "you look perfect tonight" he whispered. "huh? i cant hear you!" i yelled over the music. "nothing! i said nothing!" he exclaimed.

i left to go get some water and yuris set started. after i chugged a bottle of water, i went to go find minho. i stood near minho but a few people were blocking him. it seemed like he was looking at kitty and dae while talking, and he looked really sad.

this confirmed everything i was suspicious about. was he just using me because he couldn't be with kitty? i then saw madison walk up to him and start talking to him.

he then turned and kissed her. i gasped and put my hand over my mouth. for a solid ten seconds i watched them makeout, completely tearing my heart apart. q and florian came to stand next to me as i was tearing up. "hey y/n!" florian said, q then turned his gaze and looked at minho and madison making out.

"oh my god" florian said, hugging me. i immediately broke down as q joined the hug. "we're getting you out of here, now" q yelled over the music.

the brought me to the entrance of the venue, "paparazzi" florian whispered. he took off his jacket and put it over my head, "we'll walk you out a block away just to get away from the paparazzi. i left my phone in there with dae so we have to go back. i'll check on you tomorrow" q said.

he opened the door and we immediately ran out. they didn't take any photos but they would've if they saw my face knowing who my mom is.

once we got a block out florian let me take his jacket and bid me goodbye.

i cried the entire way back to the dorms and the entire time going up to my dorm. how could be treat me like he wanted me and then makeout with madison.

once i got to my dorm i took off my dress, changed into my pjs, and took off my makeup and climbed into my bed.

all i could do was cry. i don't know when i fell asleep, but at some point i did.

All Of The Boys You've Loved Before
"when the night was full of terror and
your eyes were filled with tears"