11

"y/n let's do our tradition tomorrow" minho said to me, "i mean yeah we kinda have to" i replied opening the gochujang tub. "i didn't mean to double book you" he said, turning the stove off. "okay" i said before knocking on kitty's door to tell her that the water for her potatoes is boiling.

once i was done with my stew i took off my apron. "my job here is done. i'll see you tomorrow. bye kitty" i said washing my hands. "you won't come to the dinner tonight?" minho asked. "probably not" i replied putting my shoes on. "at least stay here until the dinner and then go back to your dorm" he said.

"i'm good. i'm sure you have a lot of preparing to do. you know, with your date and all." i said opening the door. "have fun" i said to him before walking down the hallway.

i sighed as i opened my dorm room. this would be the first chuseok that i would spend alone. though, i cant be mad, i declined the invite to tonight's dinner.

the first chuseok without him. and he just had to double book me. i decided to make comfort food for dinner instead of going out.

MINHO

i felt my phone buzz so i took it out of my pocket. it was lulu telling me she'd be at the school by 8. "confirmed lulu will be at the premises at 8pm" i told kitty. "i'm sure she will love the chocolate" kitty replied. "the chocolate was actually for someone else" i said, thinking about y/n.

i felt bad that i made the plans with lulu even though we already had plans.

kitty looked at me surprised and then looked away. "hey, don't judge! not all people need to be star crossed lovers to be compatible" i said. "like, hot people, for example" i said pointing to myself. "we can and want to play the field."

"that's just because you haven't found your perfect match. so who are the chocolates for?" she asked. "for the record, i've found many, many matches" i said. "i'm just saying, i've seen the magic when people find the one" she said. "my parents both thought they found the one. they were the 'it' couple. beautiful, young starlet, chaebol heir. the tabloids literally called them the perfect match" i said.

"look at them now"

"i see the magic between you and y/n. are those who the chocolates are for?" she asked. "maybe" i replied. "do you like y/n?" she asked again, "always have, always will" i sighed. "so why did you ditch her?"

is she always this nosy?

"she clearly doesn't like me back" i replied as kitty gave me a bowl of her mashed potatoes. "are you kidding? did you see the way she reacted when she left?" kitty exclaimed.

"she's just upset that we aren't doing our tradition this year" i said, shaking my head. no way she likes me how i like her. "the way she reacted at the supermarket when you brought up lulu? when she left to go to the other isle because she was about to cry?" she asked.

"she told me that this tradition you guys have is because you two only really ever had each other. who does she have tonight?" she said.

i thought about it for a second. she had no one. her dad isn't present in her life at all, and moms busy. she has no one to spend chuseok with.

i thought about cancelling my date with lulu, but i couldn't.

kitty and i set everything up as people started to file in. "well this escalated" she said, "mhm" i hummed. "wow" q said as he walked in with florian. "people are calling this chinguseok" he said. "what?" she asked.

"it's a pun on chinggu, which mens friend, and chuseok" florian said. "you started a new tradition"

"oh, no. no, no, why is professor lee here?" she panicked. "because he's sad and alone" i said. "just like y/n because you ditched her" kitty retorted.

"besides, he hates me and it's mutual" kitty said again. "oh right how minho ditched y/n to be with another girl?" q asked. "yep" kitty replied.

"yikes" florian said.

"i didn't ditch her-" i was saying but then i got cut off by madison. "minho, hey." she said. i internally groaned. "hello madison." i said.
"i wasn't expecting you to be here" she replied. "oh my god, you cooked" she said.

"yes. but i'm not staying long. got a date tonight" i said. "mm who's the lucky girl?" she asked. "lulu. maybe you've heard of her" i replied. "um yeah. aren't you nervous? i was half expecting it to be y/n" she said.

"why would i be nervous?" i asked, "cause her fans are very picky about who she chooses to spend time with" she said. "i mean if they don't like you..."

i walked away right after pulling out my phone to text y/n.

y/n <3

i'm really sorry about tonight
read

please forgive me or at least come to the dinner
read

i probably just fucked up any chance i ever had with her. "i need you to sit with lee" kitty said, "that sounds like a you problem" i said. "minho, where are you sitting?" madison asked. she's like my very own sasaeng.

"uh, with lee" i said sitting down. kitty stood up for a toast. "thank you for coming everybody. this is my first chuseok. and from what i gather, you aren't supposed to do it alone" she said. instantly thought of y/n. the guilt was eating at me alive.

kitty then went on with her speech and said raised her glass.

"i'm off" i said to the table. "to fulfill my destiny" i said. "if you were really fulfilling your destiny you'd be with y/n right now. cant wait to read about it tomorrow though" q said. winking at me. no one will let me live down this y/n thing.

"oh, wait, you're leaving?" kitty asked. "hello, hot date with a pop star?" i said. "later, sasaeng" i said patting her head and then walking away.

i walked down the stairs outside the building getting stares from every girl that walked by. i smiled to myself and took out my phone, seeing a text from lulu saying she was close.

as i reached the bottom of the stairs, my stomach started to suddenly hurt. i groaned and felt the sudden need to shit.

i debated going back up but decided i had no time for that. "it's happening" i said quickly running into a bush. it's the potatoes. oh i swear i'm going to kill kitty.

i got out my phone and texted kitty begging her to come help me.

"minho!" i heard someone yell. "minho, where are you?" kitty asked. she walked by and i poked my head out. "what the hell did you put in those potatoes?" i asked. "a lot of lactose. milk, cheese" i groaned shaking my head. "god" i whispered.

kitty giggled, i already knew where she was going with this. "poopy baby, is that you?" she teased. "shut up" i said annoyed. she kept giggling and i saw a car pull up. "that's lulu, you have to get rid of her. she can't see me like this" i begged.

"if her fans find out, i'm done for" i said. "do something! you owe me, covey" i said. "okay, okay" she said. "oh, oh. but don't ruin this for me. keep her interested" i told her. "how?" she asked. "i don't know! you're the matchmaker!" i exclaimed.

i ducked behind the bush and listened to their conversation. luckily it worked out and lulu would be back at the same time tomorrow.