My Underworld [Future Book]

[a/n: future books will not have another part to it]

"And there you have it folks, Zane Truesdale has lost to Aster Pheonix!!" was what the announcer shouted into the mic while the whole stadium was in shock mostly for the fans of Zane Truesdale and all who cheered on Aster Pheonix were going wild with the win.

I watched the whole thing on TV in my rundown apartment; it was very surprising to say the least seeing a man like Zane lose to Aster was a shocker, but the dueling world was what I left behind so long ago, and I just shut the TV off not wanting to see any more of the dueling world. A world I thought I left for good and one I will not be wanting to ever enter again; but fate is a very interesting thing that likes to screw everyone over when it had the chance to do so, I just didn't want it to happen to me at all, but it did.

It has been about a week or maybe a month now since Zane started to lose all kinds of duels; even the easiest ones that even a newbie could win but somehow, he lost his spark. I kept some tracks on him but nothing much it was my job to mostly dig into people's lives now and it was far more interesting than what I used to do before this new job of mine. Drinking some of my red wine I was sitting by the window, reading a new book I found on a whim, and it was very good so far; taking another sip of my wine the silence around me was cut short when my phone started to ring, sighing I picked up the phone not bothering to look at who was calling me this late at night I already knew who it was. Answering the phone and placing it to my ear I didn't need to say a thing.

"I will be needing your assistance with this one" the voice of my employer spoke through the phone while I listened.

Saying nothing, I hung up the phone and stood up from my chair; knowing what was being asked of me for my job. Stripping away from my nightgown I changed into my working clothes, nothing but some leather jeans, black high heels and a black tight short sleeve turtleneck. Pulling my green hair up into a messy bun I grabbed my phone and bag, marching out of my apartment I knew where I was going. The home that I have known for some months now, to the underground dueling arena; a place where I have made it my empire and a place where I can act like someone completely different.

It wasn't a long walk from my apartment, only two blocks away from my rundown apartment; seeing the shady people roaming the streets like any other night wasn't a surprise at all. The foggy air felt a little chilly against my skin when I marched into the underground arena where I could hear the faint cries of cheers from the people who enjoyed these dark duels, I used to find it sickening before, but I grew used to it. But I wasn't called here to watch duels I was called here for another reason and seeing the two figures in the halls, taking in a breath I marched on and met the two men who were coming into the halls.

"Ah, here is the princess herself" the sound of Shroud came to my ears when his eyes landed on me walking towards him and the other man.

Coming closer I was surprised to see Zane Truesdale himself standing next to Shroud; fainting seeing the marks around his neck that was caused by the shock collars they used down here, he must have hated them but seeing his cold eyes stare at me told me things took another turn for him.

"Alexzandria, I'm sure you know Mr. Truesdale you'll be seeing to his needs when he reaches the top" Shroud spoke again looking between me and Zane who still stared at me coldly; honestly it sent shivers down my spine, but I showed no such signs of showing him how he made me feel. 

"Of course, you won't find me a disappointment Mr. Truesdale" I said with a polite smirk on my face before turning my gaze to Zane.

"We'll see" was all he said in a cold and heartless tone before turning away from me, walking down the halls until he vanished from my sight in the darkness.

"Remember the rules, Ms. Silver" Shroud stood behind me a bit closer that made my skin crawl from creepiness that I thought of Shroud.

"No personal feelings, doubt he is capable of that anymore anyways" I said still watching the halls where Zane vanished to; before looking at Shroud with a deep frown knowing that the Zane Truesdale I came to know through Tv and papers was now gone and was not going to come back and my job wasn't about trying to fix Zane; this was nothing more than a play along assistance job nothing more and nothing less but how I was so wrong about that silly idea that came to my head.