Here Is Some Backstory

It All Began With A...

Chapter Three

Here Is Some Backstory (Part One)

— Third Person —

It's all seemingly complicated if not understood, time and perspective, our universe and all the space that can allow for a parallel one. You see, with all of those universes, you can practically find one for anything.

One where you're a billionaire, one where you're not, one where you were never born, and one where you were, but took a completely different outlook on life than the one you have now. There's even one where you aren't reading these words - what a tragic one that must be. There are even ones out there in which the characters of the storyunderstandwhere they are, but don't care about that.. Where they can defy logic and know things that they aren't supposed to know, such as the fact that they know that they are in a story... These are the stronger ones.

Now, with all of these universes, there will be one where your opposite dwells...

-

"Dude, I can't believe that I wasn't even mentioned in that last story!" Alfred gritted his teeth as he continued punching the punching bag.

"Well it's not my fault, put it into the 'complaints' box or something." Arthur responded as he continued jogging on the treadmill.

"I would have, if you know what?" He asked rhetorically.

"What?"

"If you would have at least said, 'Oh Francis, dare I discover a nation, I'd call it America!' But you know what? You didn't say that!" He began punching harder, "You said a really bad joke that I'm sure the audience didn't understand or laugh at, but somehow! Somehow, it got to be the title of the story!" Alfred punched the punching bag one last time, causing the chain that was holding it up, to break. It fell on the ground, rolling over to the wall.

"How was I supposed to know that I was supposed to discover a rebellious idiot and name him America? It was 1348, for the queen's sake." He frowned, turning the treadmill off.

He stepped off and turned towards the door, "Stay in here if you please to, I'm going to be upstairs with Lukas, he told me he's looking for a spell that can permanently get rid of mosquitoes, worldwide! After all, those bastards don't do anything useful." He said.

"How do you know?" Alfred asked as he searched a drawer for another chain to hang the punching bag up with.

"Well, duh, I googled it!" Arthur smiled proudly as he left, "Goodbye then."

"Later!" Alfred said as he walked over to the punching bag, he pulled the broken chain off and put the new one on, he then raised it to hang it up, when suddenly, the doorbell rang throughout the house.

"Arthur, go get it!" Alfred shouted as he tried to connect the chain on the punching back to the hook on the ceiling.

There was no response and the doorbell rang again, "Arthur!" He shouted again, frowning slightly. Still no response.

The doorbell rang again, causing him to loose his grip on the chain and punching back, as he lost his grip, it fell into the floor, squishing his foot, "Agh- dammit! I'm coming!" He shouted, leaving the punching bag on the floor and limping slightly towards the door.