Well, That Happened

It All Began With A...
Chapter Twenty-Two
Well, That Happened

America continued pacing back and forth,  he decided to head to the hospital, he had called Canada on his way to the hospital, telling him to make sure that all the nations returned to the hotel and stayed put, something was different now.

I stayed seated with a large pair of headphones with the American flag printed on them, in my hands, I had America's phone and was listening to music, even though he seemed more stressed out than I did, he suggested that I wear them..

We were waiting for the doctor in the hospital lobby and the quiet sound of the television man talking wasn't at all comforting. I pulled the headphones, looking up at America, "Hey, they can't hurt you guys, right? Why are you so worried?" I asked, he turned towards me and held his breath for a moment before frowning and sitting down beside me.

"I just feel like something is wrong, ya know? I mean like, as long as Iggy's spell stuff is still in tact, nothing can hurt us, but what if-" He was cut off as we both turned our attention up to the doors as they slowly opened, a lady stepped into the room, "Uh, are you two with Ivan?" She asked.

I raised a brow as I looked at her, "S-Stacy?" I asked.

She laughed lightly, "O-ho, not you guys again.."

"Why are you here?" I wondered.

"I got fired and now I'm a nurse, cool huh? But I haven't found their fruit stash yet. I think it's in the cafeteria, but they didn't have an opening down there." She said sadly.

"Don't you have to go to school to be a nurse?" I asked, turning towards America, who nodded, "Yeah, I just got out of college for that three years ago.." We turned over towards Stacy who gulped, "Uh.. Yeah, so the doctor can see you now.." She said, pulling her clipboard close and closing the doors. Through the windows in the doors, America and I could see her running away...

We pushed through the doors and headed towards Russia's room, where the doctor stood outside, looking something over on his clipboard. He looked up at us, tensing up.

"James!" America greeted with a smile as we now stood in front of him. He looked around the nearly empty hall then looked over at me then back to America, "How's Russia? Were you able to find out what he had in his system? If not, I've asked the forensic nerds to check into it." He laughed, "They hired this guy, Dexter, and he's like, really funny, he brought me a doughnut once..." He looked over at both James and my blank expression before laughing awkwardly, "It's not that important, but I just thought I should mention that.." America gulped.

"Uh, Alfred.. Does she know about the you know?" James asked.

"That we're nation dudes, yeah, how come?" America replied.

"Well..." He reached for the door knob to the room only to stop and turn back towards us, "Okay, I don't know how to say this." He admitted, "You guys are immortal, to everything.. Years will never bring a wrinkle to your faces, nor will even the most fatal gun shot to the normal man damage you guys in any way..." His words began getting closer to one another as he tried to make his point, he looked up at America only to shift his eyes over to mine.

"I sped up my work thanks to England's magic, a-and... I found traces of Belladonna in his system."

"What's that?" I asked quietly, not wanting to be a burden, as he seemed white with shock.

"Belladonna is one of the most toxic plants found in the eastern hemisphere. Just to give you two an idea, the consumption of two to five berries by a human adult can be quite lethal.." He swallowed as he tried to keep his eye contact with America, he stepped back, "I'm sorry, but by the time he was rushed into the surgery room for me to investigate..." He swallowed again as he held his clipboard with one hand while wiping his other hand on his pants.