ch~35

Now you're in the stars and six feet's never felt so far.

Hyejin opened her eyes to be met with white ceiling. She abruptly sat up at the unfamiliar surrounding. Scanning around, she finally realised she was at a hospital. The memories of previous days came crashing at her.

Pulling out her IV drip, her fee frantically dragged her towards the door. As the time Jaehyun was walking back to find her out of the bed.

"Hyejin you have to rest." He spoke.

"I need to go. Where's donghyuck?" She tried to Push him away.

He grabbed her shoulders and shaked her hard. " Come to your senses hyejin. Donghyuck is gone".

She knew it. But she wasn't ready to accept the reality. So she ran away from it like a coward. That's what she usually does. "He's gone? Who said he can leave like that?" She panted.

"Please. You can't go to him." Jaehyun tried to bring her back to the bed.

It pained him to see Hyejin in this state. The door to the room was suddenly opened by Mr Lee.

"Hyejin. How are you feeling?" He voiced out his concern.

"I feel like an absolute shit." She was honest about it.

Mr Lee sighed. " We'll keep a funeral for him since his autopsy is over. It'll be today itself." He spoke up

Jaehyun nodded. "When will the autopsy results come out?"

"Within 24 hours i guess." He replied.
With that being said, Mr Lee walked out.

~

At his funeral

"He looks peaceful. It must have been hard for him." Hyejin spoke.

Hearing that Jaehyun turned to look at her disoriented and shaken figure.

"I'm such a bad friend aren't I Jae?" Hyejin let out muffled cries.

"No you aren't. You did your best. It's not your fault he did that." Jaehyun replied patting her back.

~

She wandered aimlessly near the han river. She despised that place the most now. But it was still his favourite place.

At some point of her walk she got tired and sat down.

Looking forward at the bright sun that reminded her of donghyuck. Tears filled her eyes Unbeknownst to her.

Jaehyun approached her from behind
"Hey. Donghyuck's autopsy results are out. Mr Lee said to meet him right now."

Hyejin stood up wordlessly and walked towards Jaehyun, turning one last time to look at the river.

~

They all was waiting anxiously for the autopsy results. Mr Lee came out of the autopsy room with a file in his hands.

"Okay as for the result. It's not a suicide." Mr Lee spoke up.

Hyejin's eyes widened hearing that.
"It's a Murder?"

[Sorry for the short chapters 🤡]