Chapter 40- Knowing

A smile makes it's way to my face as I finish up putting mascara on . It was finally time for a vacation and a kick off for the summer . Everyone was meeting up at my house since my mom offered to make breakfast at 7 in the morning .

"I can't wait " Jenna says jumping up and down while Lucas is trying to maintain her excitement . Yes , he is coming along but only as Jenna's boyfriend not Nicole's older brother but I know he will still be protective.

"The guys are here, let's go eat "Nicole cheers leaving the room and we follow her .

The guys all grabbed a plate of my mom's home made pancakes , eggs and bacon with fruits on the side. Everyone was here including Anthony . I felt like I was a bit too harsh with him but still wanted him to come . I was completely over with the drama .

Nicole makes a face at the both of them while we eat . I gave her the look to be nice since it was vacation time . She forces a smile and walks over to Natalie to sit with her .

"Thanks for letting me go on the trip and offering to make this delicious breakfast " I said to my mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek .

All my friends walked in and thanked her ,too . They started to help around the kitchen as my mom relaxed .

"You're guys are all Welcome and remember be careful .I know teenagers now a days are a bunch of horn dogs . Jasmine has extra toothbrush ,if you guys need any " We all laughed at her and she gave us a warning look but then smiled. Where did she get horn dogs from ?

"Okay , you guys will need to leave in 10 minutes if you want to be there by 12 . Now, go check to see if you guys have everything " my dad says out loud as soon as we were done help

As I checked that I have everything before leaving Lacey fixes her hair in the mirror which was just a ponytail.

"Who gave you this" she asks in a curious tone.

I looked up from my phone since I was texting Noel to come over. I looked at the small ring in the palm of her hand as it shined .It was the ring Daniel gave me for Christmas.

"A friend " I said vaguely avoiding her eye contact because telling her that her boyfriend gave me that ring the same day I caught them making out in his bedroom is weird.

"Well this friend must be in love with you " she says as I look at her in panic at her stare at the ring.

"What makes you say that " I asked laughing nervously . Did she know?

"Well the ring says it all" she says handing me the ring and leaves.

I felt the anticipation build as I stared at the ring. The diamond shines brightly against the light and the gold band is beautiful as always . I stared at the ring looking for the hint as to what Lacey was saying . I started to feel the warmness in my heart as I read the three little words Daniel and I always have trouble saying to eachother . On the inside of the ring it said " I love you".

I though back to all the times Daniel has said that to me . All these months it said it on the dam ring and I was completely clueless to it . I can't believe he did this , it's just makes me ten times more happy than the time I first got the ring.

Chantal comes in the room and tells me bye and then asked when I am leaving .

" Yeah just now " I replied still staring at the ring.

" What's wrong " She asks laying down on my bed and studying my face in the mirror.

" He loves me " I said but it was more like a cheer.

" Who " She asks giving me a confused loo k. I gave her a look and then she figured it out.

" Well what are you going to do about it " she asks and that left me speechless of what there is to say.