Doubts and Bears

NOTE:
Hello, again!
Yes, I have a few things to say that I had forgotten.

-Sun and Moon don't change depending on the light in the room, I guess you guys had already figured that out, but for those who are confused, Sun and Moon take turns depending on the activity or outside trigger. They had been together since the day they opened their eyes so they are used to taking turns- that doesn't mean they don't fight sometimes.

-Sun has red eyes because of a little mishap in their brain where it believes they are in danger and need to focus (like being in survival mode of sorts). I'll go in-depth about it in later chapters.

And that's probably all, I keep forgetting about stuff but I'll tell ya all about it whenever I remember :)

Enjoy!

(Date of edit: 2024/7/9)

-x-

You are, somehow, glad that the doctor turned out to be an alien.

Along the way and the wait in the hall, Moon had calmed down somewhat. They are stuck clinging to you still, but their sobs and cries had subsided to sniffles and, finally, to deep breaths as they settled down.

You think they were at the verge of sleep, weren't they? If it weren't for the grip they had on you, you would have thought they were.

But Moon had kept you close, face refusing to unbury itself and face the harsh lights. You think he is too content to just pretend the world around them did not exist, and that time had slowed down for their sake. Maybe, perhaps, if they kept on hiding, the cruel reality will not find them.

You let them hide, but you knew they can't avoid the inevitable. They will have to open their eyes at some point to view the world that surround them.

For the wait, you had let them hide. Let them destress and calm down.

But the wait will come to an end eventually, and eventually was when their number was called and you had to enter the doctor's office.

As soon as you had stepped in, his blue eyes were on you, soft and patient. In his hands was the paper the nurse had handed in through the gap in the door. "Good evening." He spoke, voice deep and calm. "Please take a seat."

You did as told, sitting on the chair in front of his office. Moon now sitting in your lap like he had been doing before. This took the doctor's attention and concern was visible in the bear-like alien.

He leaned slightly closer. Electric blue eyes surveying the being curled in your hold.

"I would assume this is the patient? In here it said that you weren't their caretaker neither was an ID inserted." There was no judgment in his words, just purely explaining what he has written on the paper. His eyes, soft and perceptive, took in the form of Moon. There wasn't much to see with them hiding in your coat.

You clear your throat. "No, I'm not."

Freddy, as his card read, hummed. "Please, place them on the table over there." He stood up as he spoke, motioning for the examination table.

You stood up as well, hissing lightly at the tug on your shoulder, and walked to the soft, cautioned table-chair. Running a hand over the back of Moon's, you speak up, "Dear? Moon? I need you to sit down, okay?"

A groan came your way, as if the smaller creature had been asleep this whole time. You wouldn't be surprised if they were, Sun seemed so tired, and Moon had a full on breakdown not twenty minutes ago—but sleep in your hold? That would have made your chest warm if it were in any other circumstances.