Forty One

BILLIE
January 18
Santa Monica Pier

"Billie!" I hear my girlfriend shout for me in the other room making me instantly get up to find her. I find her in the kitchen leaning against her clutches, staring angrily at a broken vase on the floor and Shark sitting down a few feet away with his head down, whimpering lowly.

Oh no

"Your dog has broken too many things and I'm getting sick of it." Halley snaps as she points at Shark.

"He's just a baby" I pout as I walk over to him, scratching behind his ears.

She glares at me and scoffs at my words. "That dog is almost as old as my fucking ass crack. Ever since he has been here, he has broken things. I want him out"

Her ass crack? What the hell did she just say?

"No! He's my baby!"

Halley groans loudly and throws her hands up in frustration before leaving the room mumbling under her breath in spanish. I realized that when Halley is truly upset or angry about something, she will switch from english to spanish real quick.

I forgot she even spoke spanish

"She doesn't mean it boy. She's just mad right now." I say to Shark giving him kisses and good belly rubs.

"I do mean it!" Halley yells from the other room making me roll my eyes and mumble something under my breath.

Halley Comet on her period is like dealing with an angry toddler.

"Billie O'Connell" Oh shit she used the government. "Why is there dog hair all over the tub!?" She yells making me share a glance with Shark.

"He needed a bath!" I tell her as I get up and walk into the room. Halley turns to me with another angry glare and raises an eyebrow at me.

"So you decide to bath him in the fucking bathtub!?"

Mommy I'm scared!

I slowly back out of the room as Halley begins to yell loudly in Spanish as she points at me angrily then points at the bathroom. "I feel like we all should take a breather" I say slowly making her cut her eyes at me.

"Clean the fucking tub!" She says before she puts on her shoes and grabs her clutches.

"Where are you going?"

"Out!" and with that she leaves the room and I soon hear the door slam shut.

oh

Halley was gone for almost two hours before she came back. She had takeout in her hands and sighed when she saw me in the kitchen, having a glass of wine. She wasn't even using her clutches, just taking slow and painful looking steps toward me.

"I'm sorry for how I reacted earlier." She says making hum in response before taking another sip of my drink.

"It's okay" I told her and she shook her head, setting the takeout boxes on the kitchen counter.