Can I kiss you?

Liam's pov

I walk onto the playground in the second half of the school year 7 with my friends Harry, Louis and Zayn. I look over by the swings and there's a new kid by himself simply observing.

"hey guys look, a new kid. I'm gonna go say hi" I tell them and they nod.

Zayn caught up to me, "wait, Liam real quick before you go over there! I gotta tell you something about the kid." he paused and I motioned for him to continue, "I heard he's a freak, he's also into guys" Zayn made a weird face.

"so what?!" I asked annoyed at Zayn, "see ya later Zayn, I'm gonna go make another new friend" I said walking away. I make my way over to the swings at the end of the playground and stand by his slow moving swing.

"hi" I smile stuffing my gloved hands
in my pocket. He looked up at me and smiled, "hi" he paused his swinging then soon resumed. He looked back up again to see me still standing there, "oh, am I on your swing or something? I'm sorry" he looked at me worried and stood.

"no, it's not my swing at all. I was just saying hi and hoping to make a new friend" I explained. He looked puzzled and sat back down.

"oh, well good luck with that and have fun" he said and continued his slow swinging. I looked at him funny and turned back to where Harry and Louis were watching and they shrugged at Niall's odd behavior and so did I.

"uhm, I was hoping you and I could be friends actually" I explained to him and he quickly stopped swinging and almost fell.

"well what's your name stranger?" he asked.

"I'm Liam" I smile.

"I'm Niall" he smiled and extended his gloveless hand to me. I chuckled and shook it.

"your hands have got to be cold" I mention.

"nah" he shrugs and I pull off the mitten part of my gloves so my fingers are exposed. I feel his fingers and my jaw drops.

"they're like ice!" I exclaim. I pull off my gloves and put them on him.

"you didn't need to do that. now your probably cold" he blushed.

"don't worry about me" I smiled and shoved my hands into my jacket.

"so where are you from Niall?" I asked knowing his accent was very different.

"Westmeath Mullingar, Ireland!" he smiled proudly.

"cool" I smiled at him and he shook his head. I heard the warning bell ring for class to start and Niall stood.

"that means class is supposed to start soon right?" he asked slightly confused and took a step closer to me.

"yea" I nodded my head.

"oh, okay uhm. Whose your teacher?" he asked seemingly nervous stepping closer to me yet again.

"my teacher is Mr. Rossi" I told him.

"me too" he smiled and took another tiny step towards me.

"great, then you can just follow me to class" I smiled at him.

"thank you for being so nice to me" he paused and took my hand in his gloves one, "no ones really been nice, well not really they just haven't talked to me at all." He smiled shyly at me and took another step so we were almost impossibly close with out almost hugging.

"no problem, everyone deserves to be treated nicely" I assured him and smiled at our hands while also blushing.

"can I kiss you?" he asked out of the blue.

"I uh, uhm. well I uh I don't kn-"

He cut me off in a whisper with his hand on my cheek, "I don't care what you say, I'm gonna kiss you" And with that he slowly leaned in and kissed me softly. It took me a minute but I finally reacted and wrapped my one hand around his small waist. I felt him move impossibly closer and let go of my hand to wrap his arms around my neck. I then wrapped my other arm around his waist. The second bell rang and I quickly pulled back.

"I-uh I uhm. uh I uh I-I I guess uh, I guess we should go inside now?" I said a stuttering mess.

He nodded his head and smiled while blushing, "I gotta tell ya though Liam, your a great kisser" he whispered.

I blushed a bright red and froze again, "come on though, we should get to class" he said slowly pulling away and slightly tugging on my hand. I quickly snapped out of my trance and lead him to the class room.