10

THIRD PERSON POV:

Back at the café, Blake and Sun continue on with their talk.

Sun: Finally, she decides to speak! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but either awkward small talk or weird looks! (as Blake gives him a firm look) Yeah, like that.

Blake: (rolls her eyes) Sun. Are you familiar with the White Fang?

Sun: Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. They used to be peaceful protesters for the Faunus but now they're just stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!

Blake: (continues to drink more tea until his rant is done) I was once a member of the White Fang.

Sun: (chokes on his drink in shock, making him put it down and wipe his mouth as he holds up a hand to process the new info) Wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?!

Blake: That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it...

The flashback starts to take shape as silhouettes of fallen weapons are plunged into the ground - swords, guns, any number of combinations.

Blake: (narrates over the memories) Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus.

Dark outlines of two trios - animal-eared and tailed Faunus on one side, regular Humans on the other - shaking hands and making peace amidst the sheer destruction made in the Great War.

This does not last long, as seen by a white outline of a Faunus cowering in fear of the gray-and-black outline of human aggressors harassing the hybrid.

Later, more Faunus are shown to be pushing the crowd away from their bullied brethren.

Blake: Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate.

Blake: Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so in retaliation, the White Fang was made as a voice of our people. And I was there.

Silhouettes of Faunus protestors are revealed, and emerging from the shadows is a younger Blake.

Blake: I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist.

The peaceful-driven flag of the White Fang is then lowered as the current and more violent version of the flag is bared to the world.

Blake: Then, five years ago, our past leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking.

The shift from diplomacy to violence is then shown as the Faunus now hold axes and blades, windows are broken, and thieves leap onto trains in order to steal cargo.

Blake: Suddenly, our protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We would set fires to shops that refused to serve us, and hijack any cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. Humans began to treat us like equals. But not out of respect but out of fear.

From there, one more image shows three Faunus individuals standing in a dominating manner with malicious grins until Blake puts down her teacup in front of a stunned Sun.

Blake: So, I left. I decided that I would no longer use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress.