04

THIRD PERSON POV:

Descending on the horizon, many aircrafts all come down and begin docking near the entrance towards Beacon Academy.

As soon as one lands and opens their hatch up, the sickly blonde emerges and goes over to the nearest trash can to hurl in while the other passengers walk past him. (Y/N) alongside her two sisters all make it over to the school courtyard as the view to Beacon Academy is left on full display to the trio.

Ruby/Yang/(Y/N): (taking in the view) Wow...

Yang: Now this is a view!

(Y/N): I've only ever got to see it from multiple news broadcasts but to actually be here.

Ruby: I know, right?

Yang: Take it all in sisters. We'll be able to enjoy this view alot from now on.

The three teens share a warm smile as Ruby comes to notice the various weapons the other applicants each had in their possession. 

Ruby: (going starry-eyed) Ohmygosh! That kid's got a collapsible sniper! And she's got a fire sword!

She attempts to get a closer look at the weapons as Yang pulls her back by the hood.

Ruby: Ow! Ooww!

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons.

Ruby: 'Just weapons'? They act as an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Yang: Well, why can't you just swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby: (takes out said weapon) Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better.

(Y/N): I mean they do help out a little with creating some unique fighting styles, but choosing to go out and using your own two bare hands to act seems to work out best.

Ruby: Why do you have that sword then?

(Y/N): In order to gain style points. Also, it feels like someone important let me have it.

Yang: You're the only one I know that can make it work since you went out to do food deliveries and yard work across Patch for the past two years.

(Y/N): It was for my training!

Yang: Again I ask you, who would even think about a training regimen that even involves all that?! And you better not say it was that weird turtle hermit guy you've been having dreams about again!

(Y/N): Jerk! (turns away)

Yang: Hmph! (also turns away)

Despite their argument, Ruby can tell that the two are just acting as they turn to face each other with a smile.

(Y/N): It does enough to beat you up whenever we spar.

Yang: Just you wait, you'll be the one training more to catch up with me soon enough.

(Y/N): Hehe, we'll both just have to see about that.