13

THIRD PERSON POV:

Everyone is seen at their desks while Professor Port continues his class lecture.

Jaune slides up next to Weiss amidst the lecture as the Ice Queen patiently waits out the minute left on her holographic clock set on her desk.

Jaune: So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? (turns to Port for a second, then turns back around) And, uh umm, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome.

Jaune: (pauses as his words have no effect) Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm, uh... Y'know.

Finally, the holo clock in front of Weiss beeps as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave of her hand.

The professor is temporarily unaware of the alarm.

Port: (poses as a towering monster about to attack) And then I- Oh. (recomposes as the students exit the room) Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!

Jaune: (watches as Weiss starts to leave) Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss: (without a look) No, no, no, yes. (exits)

With his attempt rejected, Jaune faceplants into his desk.

Yang: (ruffles his hair as the rest of Team RWBY(Y/N) walk out) One day.

Later on, RWBY(Y/N) now in their casual outfits are seen in the dormitory as they discuss the plan.

Ruby: Everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head over to the C.C.T.S Tower and view the Schnee records created to document any Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Since I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: It took awhile but I managed to locate where the next WF Assembly will be held. They have them to hand out new orders and recruit new members, I'll be able to find out their next plan if I make it in.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows about everything that goes on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard.

(Y/N): I'll be out in Vale to map out escape routes if the plan leaves us in a bad situation.

Ruby: Great! We'll meet back up tonight with (Y/N) to go over what we found. (pumps her fist) Let's do this!

Sun: (in the distance) Yeah! (revealed to be at their open window hung upside-down by his tail)

Blake: (alarmed as are her teammates) Sun!

Yang: How did you get up there?

Sun: Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time.

Weiss: You do what?!

Sun: I climb trees all the time! (flips into the dorm room without a care) So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?

Blake: (steps forward) We are going to investigate the situation... as a team.

Ruby: Sorry, Sun. We don't want to get any friends involved if we don't have to.

Sun: Psh! That's a dumb rule! We should always get friends involved! That's why I brought Neptune! (motions back to the window)

The girls peek out to see Neptune is outside, cool as can be.

Neptune: 'Sup?

Ruby: How did you even get up here?