17

THIRD PERSON POV:

With the dance now started, Sun makes his way to the ballroom in a makeshift jacket tux and tie as he fiddles with the fashion accessory in annoyance.

Sun: Stupid... dumb... neck trap!

Blake: I knew you'd look better in a tie.

Sun stops with his attempts and stares at the dark purple dress worn by Blake, who's now fully rested up with violet eyeshadow makeup on as she steps forward and takes him by the arm.

Sun: Sooo, does this mean we're going... together?

Blake: Technically, though my first dance is spoken for.

Inside the ballroom, Yang in her own dress stands at the podium as the doors in front of her open up.

Yang: Ooohh, you both look beautiful!

Ruby: (groans in distress as her red dress with black lace, belt, and pumps is revealed) Can we have a serious talk about how Weiss fights in these?

(Y/N): Guess it takes lots of practice.

Ruby tries to maintain a stable balance on her walk over to the podium, only to frantically lean on (Y/N) for support while Yang laughs at the scene.

With that, the dance has officially commenced as numerous students set up in their respective tuxes and ballroom dresses step with each other to the music between the white-clothed tables.

Blake is twirled around by Yang before they curtsey to one another, and Sun comes up and takes up his dance with the cat faunus.

Yang then joins up with the others in the back of the room and watch Blake laugh and enjoy herself.

Yang: I told you she would come.

(Y/N): I knew you had it handled.

Weiss: Mission accomplished.

Ruby: (turns to her teammates) Soooo, what do we do now?

Yang: Just have fun!

She proceeds to walk away as Weiss does the same and walks away in the opposite direction.

Now left to their own devices, (Y/N) and Ruby both awkwardly stare down at the dance in silence until the former speaks up.

(Y/N): Dance snacks?

Ruby: (smiles) Dance snacks.

Before the two sisters could both head out to do so, a familiar voice catches their attention.

Ozpin: May I join in on this snack venture?

(Y/N)/Ruby: Professor Ozpin?

Ozpin: Are you two not comfortable with events like this?