19

THIRD PERSON POV:

With the advice of caution set in their minds, Team RWBY have left the auditorium and are on their way to the airship that will take them to Quadrant Five.

Yang: That wasn't exactly uplifting.

Blake: But it's the truth.

Ruby: It'll be tough, but I know we can do it!

Beacon Student: (runs past RWBY) Hey! Team CFVY is back!

More students crowd around to witness the return of Team CFVY. Blake goes up to Velvet.

Blake: Velvet? Are you okay?

Velvet: I'm fine. I had Yatsuhashi to look out for me.

Weiss: (joins in) Your mission was supposed to end a week ago! What happened?

Velvet: Nothing happened. It was just ... there were just so many...(realizes the worry she caused to her friends) Oh, but don't worry. You first-years are just shadowing Huntsmen, so you should be fine.

Yang: Right.

Velvet: I should go. Be safe, okay? (heads out)

Ruby: (with optimism) We can do this. We've never backed down before, and we won't start now.

Blake: Right.

Ruby: Besides, it won't only be us out there! We'll be fighting alongside a genuine Huntsman!

Yang: Yeah!

Their determination is then shifted over to various expressions of shock at the Huntsmen they've been tasked to overshadow.

Oobleck: Why, hello there girls! Who's ready to fight for their lives?

Weiss: (shocked) Professor Oobleck?

Oobleck: (fast-talks and paces around) Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission.

Oobleck: I can assure you, we will not establish a single base of operations; rather, instead we will be traversing several miles of hazardous terrains and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon.

I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And...(zooms over to Weiss) It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much! (quickly backs away)

Weiss looks over at Blake, who is equally disturbed.

Weiss: Uh...

Oobleck: (zooms back to the airship) Tally ho!

Ruby: (downcast) All my expectations shot just like that. Guess we'll just have to save Vale with Doctor Oobleck. (returns to optimistic on that last part)

Nora: (unseen) Save the world?

RWBY turns to see Nora and Team JNPR walking up to them.

Nora: (in a dramatic act:) You're about to set off on a mission to save Vale without us? I feel hurt... sad! (stomach rumbles) Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren...

Ren, for his part, simply crosses his arms and turns away in response.

Jaune: Sounds exciting. Where ya going?

Ruby: Oh, just outside the kingdom...

Nora: Hey! So are we!

Pyrrha: Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village.