16

THIRD PERSON POV:

In the ballroom, Ruby rests her head on her hands with a bummed out expression until she is startled by a slam at the table she's seated at.

Weiss: (smiling) I need you to pick a tablecloth for me. (slides up two white doilies)

Ruby: (confused) Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: (sighs in frustration) I don't even know why I asked!

She walks away to attend to other matters as Yang and (Y/N) enter the room, with one massive sound speaker carried on their shoulders.

They drop the sound speaker as the force of impact bounces up both Ruby and her table.

(Y/N): (brushes her hands) Is that all?

Yang: (does the same) Yep. Thanks, sis.

They turn to see Ruby in her downcast manner as Yang walks up and headpats the silver-eyed teen.

Yang: Don't worry about Blake, she'll come to the dance.

Ruby: I hope so.

Yang: (looks over, exasperated) Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!

Weiss: (walks up to Yang and points at her face) If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!

The girls are interrupted by the sound of footsteps.

Neptune: (walking in with Sun) Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Weiss: (steps up to him, now with a sweeter tone of voice) We were thinking about it...

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

Sun: (cuts in with a suave act) You ladies all excited for dress-up?

Ruby: Pfft... Yeah, right!

(Y/N): It'll be a nice first experience.

Yang: Laugh about it all you want. Heads are gonna turn tomorrow night!

Weiss: (addresses Sun and Neptune) What are you two wearing?

Sun: Uuhhh... this? (motions to his current shirtless attire)

Neptune: (steps up and holds a hand up to his face) Ignore him for he knows not what he says.

Sun: (knocks away the hand of his friend) Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place.

Yang: (shares a "that's pretty damn obvious" look with her friends) Yeah, we noticed.

Sun: (rubs the back of his head and asks:) Soooo... what does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?

Weiss: Obviously. (turns and crosses her arms)

Ruby: I still can't think of a way to change her mind.

Yang: Guys. (starts to walk out as everyone looks at her) Trust me; Blake will be at the dance tomorrow.

Said Faunus herself is seated at one of the library tables with a holographic screen in front of her.

Blake reads the screen as her eyes are shown to be more sleep-deprived than ever.

Her focus starts to slip away until a small red laser dot pops up on her monitor.

Moving up and down, Blake keeps her eyes set on the laser dot as she follows it down to her hand in which the dot vanishes completely.

She looks behind herself, obviously irritated, but no one walking among the tables is her culprit.