22

THIRD PERSON POV:

Asleep in her dorm, (Y/N) lies on her bed until a call on her scroll wakes her up.

(Y/N) picks up the device and sees Ruby has put her and Jaune in a three-way call.

(Y/N): (answers) Hello?

She receives static in response as Jaune is the only voice that could be heard clearly.

Jaune: Hello? Ruby?

The call disconnects as Jaune sends a text to (Y/N).

Jaune[#1 Student]: What was that about?

(Y/N): Not sure, probably a pocket dial.

Despite her answer, the intern has an expression full of concern for her friends.

...

As the city alarms blare, Ruby wakes up to see her teammates recover from the explosive collision.

She is met with the terrified faces of the civilians as a rumble is heard by the train tunnel.

Ruby looks back at it in horror as swarms of Grimm erupt out and start to wreck havoc on the city.

Screams and monstrous roars start to echo out as Team RWBY could only watch in horror until Ruby stands up with a newfound determination.

Her emotions resonates with her teammates, who proceed to stand up and ready their weapons.

The four students stand back-to-back in the center of the chaos as the Grimm start to close in on them.

---

(Y/N) and Zwei exit their dorm room as the former still has a worried expression on her face.

Aimless in their walk, both (Y/N) and Zwei soon find themselves by the airship dock.

They look out towards the city and take in the quiet atmosphere until Team JNPR arrive at the scene.

Pyrrha: I'm sure they're fine.

Jaune: You think?

Nora: Probably a butt dial...

Jaune: (notices his friend/mentor) Oh, hey (Y/N).

(Y/N): (awkwardly) H-Hey. You all about to head out to start your mission?

Pyrrha: As soon as our Huntsmen arrives.

Ren: We decided it would be best to set out earlier in the day so we can start our mission sooner.

Nora: (excitedly) We're gonna be deputies!

Jaune: Is your mission today too?

(Y/N): Yeah. Professor Peach said our airship should arrive in about an two hours or so.

Jaune: Gotcha. Did...Ruby ever call you back?

(Y/N): No...I actually wanted to ask you about that.

Jaune: You think they're in trouble?

(Y/N): (worried) I-I'm not sure.

Ren: Team RWBY has always performed their tasks exceptionally in the field. We should focus on our own missions.

(Y/N): I-

Suddenly, alarms blare out in the distance as they see the city up on smoke.

Jaune: Everyone on board!