20

THIRD PERSON POV:

Out by the airship docks of Beacon Academy under the moonlit sky, Ironwood looks over to the city of Vale as Glynda walks up behind him.

Glynda: Trouble sleeping?

Ironwood: (looks back over to the city and grips his shoulder with the other hand) Arm was acting up.

Glynda: Of course, so as a logical solution, you got out of bed, dressed yourself completely and decided to gaze menacingly out into the distance.

Glynda: (walks over to his side, then looks at him in concern) What's wrong?

Ironwood: I've trusted him for years. We both have. I just... I can't help but feel like he's keeping us in the dark.

Glynda: Don't be ridiculous! You know very well that we are not the ones in the dark.

Ironwood: (laughs) That makes it worse! I refuse to believe that a man that I've trusted for so long would act so... passively.

Glynda: (places a hand on his shoulder to provide some reassurance) You're a good person, James. You've always done what you think is best for the people, even against strong protest. An admirable trait to say the least. But it's high time you stopped talking about trust and started showing it.

Glynda: (drops her hand as both Hunters stare out into the distance) Ozpin has experiences that the rest of us lack. And I think that's something worth remembering.

With that said, Ozpin is seen in his office with (Y/N) and Zwei who have each been treated to a meal.

(Y/N): Thank you for the food. (starts to eat)

Ozpin: No need for thanks. I did keep you occupied for quite awhile.

(Y/N): It's fine. I really enjoyed this opportunity to spar with you. (takes a bite)

Ozpin: (chuckles) I see.

(Y/N): So, how did I do?

Ozpin: I'd say you live up to your intern status.

(Y/N): Hehe.

Ozpin: However, I feel you've had only scratched the surface of your true potential.

(Y/N): Oh. Do you mean my semblance?

Ozpin: That is a short-term aim to say the least.

(Y/N): I understand. I just don't know how to unlock it.

Ozpin: There are numerable theories as to how one can unlock their semblance. One theory I choose to believe is that a semblance comes from a need not a desire.

Ozpin: A time will come for you to create that need.

(Y/N) A need...

Ozpin: (Y/N), what if I said that there was a way for you to obtain more power without a semblance?

(Y/N): There is?

Ozpin: I could place into you a power that is set far above a semblance no matter the scale. (stands up from his desk) You possess many qualities that would make you a suitable host for the power.

(Y/N): Qualities?

Ozpin: Your desire to help others for example is an essential piece for the power to be used wisely.

(Y/N): I-I see...

Ozpin: Do you wish to possess this power?

(Y/N): I...