Chapter 33

The fountain was gushing, while guests were seated on either side of the aisle. There was a carpet in the middle with rose petals scattered all over, with an arch decorated with hanging roses. In the front was an aesthetically decorated dais, and a priest was chanting the hymns next to the sacred fire.

Aditya reached the wedding dais in a red sherwani suit and a turban, along with Arjun and two other old friends of Aditya.

Aditya stood there, as he looked at Yash standing there, looking at him with a smile. Yash gestured with his fingers that he was looking great, while Aditya chuckled. Arjun looked at his brother's face shining with something he hadn't seen for years – happiness, hope, excitement, and peace. His mind went back to those dark days of his brother; those days when alcohol, depression, and heartbreak drowned him. Anyone who saw him during those days wouldn't have expected this change in him.

Aditya was waiting in the dais when he heard "Sajda" playing in the background. He looked at the aisle and saw Pooja, Roshnaq, and other people escorting Zoya under a flower veil. Aditya saw her dressed in a red lehenga, walking towards him like a Goddess. He had heard the phrase "dream come true", but he never realized that it was true till he saw Zoya that day. While they were dating, he remembers that he once said to Zoya that he wanted her to walk down the aisle as his bride, as this song plays in the background. But unfortunately, due to the circumstances their wedding took place the last time, it had to be hastily done at the registrar's office with just a signature, in their casual outfits. It was overwhelming for Aditya that Zoya still remembered his wish and she decided to fulfill it this time.

As she was nearing Aditya, Zoya could see her in him more than Aditya himself. On top of that, Aditya looked more handsome than ever in that wedding attire. She wondered if there would be any day ever in her life when she would not admire Aditya for how much perfect he was; by all means. When her engagement with Yash took place some months back, she never, in her wildest dreams, thought that she would walk down the aisle with Aditya looking at her with more love than ever before.

Zoya reached the dais, and Aditya smiled at her, while he said, "You look divine, baby!"

"You look heavenly, as well darling!" Zoya said as she winked at him. They chuckled at each other, while the priest gave the garlands to them. They exchanged the garlands, as people showered flower petals on them. Aditya and Zoya felt like a couple getting married for the first time, seeing at the people around them feeling happy and ecstatic for their reunion, as if they were getting married just then.

As the ceremony took place, Pooja walked over to the side with Roshnaq, and she said to her, "They both look lovely right, Aunty?"

"Of course...they both always look lovely being next to each other. I pray with all my heart, that they never get apart from each other hereafter." Roshnaq said with a smile, while Pooja too nodded with a smile, and looked around for Dev. She then saw him in Yash's arms, happily throwing flowers at Aditya and Zoya with a joyous smile. Pooja had a smile looking at Dev being so happy and comfortable with Yash, and she also adored the bond they developed in just a few days. She also noticed how happy Yash seemed for Aditya and Zoya, even though she was engaged to him some time back. He genuinely felt happy for them with not a tinge of anger or hatred. Also, the intention he had for marrying Zoya was even more impressive. She wished there were more men like him, and she had met someone like him in his life, instead of men like Ashish.

Aditya and Zoya took their nuptial rounds, while flower petals rained over them. Aditya held Zoya's hand tightly, as he wondered if this moment was happening, or if it was all a dream. No. It's not a dream. He is getting married to his love of life; all over again, but this time, with more trust and love. Zoya too had tears in her eyes, as she gripped Aditya's hand and looked at him, as she walked behind him. Walking in front of her was that man, who always held her hand, despite any number of struggles, pain, heartbreak, or tears, she or people related to her gave him. He is still holding her hand tightly. She is fortunate to have a man like Aditya in her life; she realized.