Chapter 7

Zoya was looking at Aditya with a confused face, leaning against his chest, while Aditya too was looking at her, wondering if Zoya was the one who came to visit his house.

Zoya quickly took away her hand from his hand, and got up from the bed, while Aditya placed a hand behind her for support, with a considerable gap, out of reflex.

Zoya held her forehead as she felt a light head, and then turned back to Aditya, "What are you doing here?"

Aditya raised his brows, and stepped out of the bed, "That should be my question to you. This is my house, and what are you doing here?"

"What? Your..." Zoya looked around the place, and then understood why she felt something familiar about the house and its interiors.

"I came to see the person who wanted to visit my house, and saw you lying unconscious on the floor. So...I just helped you..." Aditya said looking away from Zoya, while Zoya's mind was occupied with some other thoughts.

This is my house. Aditya's words kept bothering her now. No way she would want to stay as his tenant, that too above his house. Meeting him for a few hours in a day itself is painful and difficult for her. Now if she comes to reside here too, she is definitely going to lose her mental peace and sleep.

"Well..." Zoya said as she cleared her throat, "I was anyway leaving. I...I didn't like this house!"

Aditya looked at her and recalled Arjun telling him, that the lady liked the house. He didn't tell anything but just kept looking at her.

Zoya walked to the door, avoiding any questions from Aditya, while Aditya chuckled and looked down. Hearing that, Zoya stopped and turned back at Aditya and saw him smiling looking at the floor.

With a frowned look, she came back to Aditya and asked, "What's so funny?"

Aditya shook his head in denial, still looking down and controlling his grin.

Zoya stared at him and lifted his face by his chin, with her hand, and glared at him, "You know I hate it when you don't look into my eyes while I ask something, don't you know that Adi??"

Aditya rolled his eyes down and looked at her hand on his chin and looked back at her, while Zoya too looked at her hand and realized she doesn't have that right on him anymore. She rolled her fist and pulled her hand back and looked away, while Aditya's smile transformed to a serious and painful expression.

"Tell me..." Zoya said in a low voice and looked back at Aditya, "What was so funny that you were grinning?"

Aditya smirked and looked at her, "You could have given a better reason to reject this house, than the one you said. It sounded so lame!"

"Lame?" Zoya furrowed her brows and asked, "Please explain?"

"You didn't like this house? Seriously?"

"Why? Why can't I not like this house?" Zoya and Aditya looked into each other's eyes, while they argued without giving each other a second to think their next counter statement.

"Yes. Why? I can't dislike it?"

"It's next to impossible!"

"Ohhh...why so?"

"I can tell the reason, but I don't think we both would love to hear it!"

"As if things are happening as per our likes here. What's the big deal? Say it!" Zoya said louder.

"Fine!" Gritting his teeth, Aditya wrapped his right arm around Zoya's waist and pulled her close and brought her face close to his.

"If I was your husband, and I lived with you for some years and you are still the same Zoya whom I loved, then there's no way you can't like this house, because I built this house tailor-made according to your wishes!!"