Chapter 15

Aditya and Zoya were completely lost in each other, following that moment. Nothing else came to their mind at that time. They didn't even remember that they both weren't together this time. They forgot their surroundings, they forgot what they were even talking before that moment or what even is going to happen after this.

The main reason was that, there was nothing different or new in the kiss they shared. It was similar to the first ever kiss they shared in Aditya's university accommodation in London. The passion, the love, the feelings, the emotions...everything was the same. Even they were still the same...the same Aditya and Zoya who loved each other crazily.

Zoya retreated from the kiss slowly, while she rested her forehead against Aditya's forehead, while her hand was still on Aditya's face. Her hand was trembling with the impact of the moment she shared with him after 3 long years. A tear rolled down from the edge of Aditya's closed eyes, while his right hand's grip on Zoya's hand had already loosened, but he still clasped his hand over her hand, his thumb gently caressing her outer palm.

They didn't even want to open their eyes and come back to the painful reality. They just wanted the time to stop there; the moment to get trapped in their closed eyes itself.

"You don't know what you have done." Aditya said in a husky and whispering tone.

Zoya opened her eyes slowly and looked at Aditya, moving back her forehead, and taking away from her hand from his cheek.

"As usual you did something, without thinking about the consequences..." Aditya said and opened his eyes, while his eyes were teary.

Aditya caught her face with both his hands and brought her closer to him, while Zoya looked deep into his eyes, with full of questions.

"Then...and now...you did something spontaneously that came to your mind." Aditya said in a broken voice, "Then...and now...you never wondered what your act will do to me, Zoya!"

"Adi..." Zoya had a quizzical look, mixed with emotions.

"I am a man yearning for love, Zoya..." Aditya said caressing her cheeks with his thumbs, "I am a man who is deprived of all the love, affection and intimacy which I had with my wife, for 3 years. I am a man with feelings Zoya...and now you rekindled all those dried up, dead feelings in me again..."

Zoya just looked at him, while Aditya asked her, "And now, again you will leave me burning inside and leave; back to normal...pretending to be unaware of what will I go through...right?"

Zoya looked at his broken self, emotions filling her eyes in the form of tears, while Aditya rested his forehead on hers, and asked, "Why is loving you so painful? Why does loving you give me equal amount of bliss and heartbreak?"

Zoya closed her eyes hearing it. Aditya's questions pierced her heart deeper than a dagger would do. The proximity with him was making her weaker. She just wanted to run away from that place, so far so that his emotions and his questions won't reach her. She wanted to run away from all this, but one can't always run away from reality.

Aditya opened his eyes and looked at her. He held her chin and made her face him and said, "But even after all this...I don't regret falling in love with you...I still love your passion, be it your love for me or your hatred...!"

Zoya looked at him, her heart melting with each word of his. She took his hand towards him, while Aditya saw that and caught it and stopped her.

"No Zoya...don't." Aditya closed his eyes, "One more time if you give in to your heart, I will surrender myself into your arms...and if I surrender, I won't be able to leave you again. But, the painful truth is that, I have to leave you, right?"