Chapter 13

Two days later, Arjun was driving to Aditya's home, with Aditya sitting next to him in the car.

Aditya turned and looked at Arjun, who was driving quietly without speaking anything.

"Why this silence?" Aditya asked in a low tone.

"Nothing Bhai...just like that." Arjun said, without looking at Aditya, and continued driving.

Aditya smirked, "Doctor gave any deadline for me?"

Arjun stopped the car, and turned towards Aditya with an angry face.

"Bhai, please!!! Please don't kill me with such words!!" Arjun said in an emotional tone, "You are so eager to leave me and go?? Really Bhai?"

Aditya took a deep breath and said looking out of the front window, "Everyone has to leave one day...some leave soon...some leave late."

"And you want to leave soon, right??" Arjun asked, glaring at Aditya.

Aditya shrugged his shoulders, while Arjun closed his eyes venting out his pressure, and asked him, "You want to leave this world for Zoya...so what about me??"

Aditya looked at him, hearing that, while Arjun said, "How can you be so selfish Bhai?? You are ready to kill yourself slowly for that woman, who left you just like without trusting you and your love, and didn't even care to visit you when you were dying. But you can't think a moment about your brother, who stood by you through thick and thin, all these years??"

Aditya looked at Arjun with a painful expression while Arjun added, "At least, do you even realize I will be a complete orphan if you too leave me?? You can die for Zoya, but can't live for me??"

Aditya looked down, as tears filled his eyes. He couldn't demand Arjun to shut up. He was right in all senses. He was too carried away with Zoya's separation and his failed love, that he failed to notice that all his brother had in this world was him. Zoya at least has a family to take care of her, but Arjun would be left desolate if something happens to him. Brutally selfish; that's what he has been.

"Anyway Bhai...I just vented out what I wanted to say...now it's up to you...if you still want to kill yourself, you are free to do so. I won't stop you!" Arjun said in an exhausted tone, and continued driving, while Aditya turned at the window, and wiped the tears from the side of his eyes, with his thumb.

***

Zoya was walking to and forth in her room, with a restless face. That night, after Aditya gained his consciousness, he soon went back to sleep being tired, and she sneaked out from there, before anyone finds her there. But she had no idea, how he was now and when is he coming home. She didn't even go to work, and has been staying at home since this incident. She can't call Arjun and ask too, as her previous meeting with Arjun wasn't a good one.

She heard a car come down, and she ran to the balcony and looked down.

"Arjun's car...Adi??" She muttered, looking down, while Arjun got down from the car.

She frantically wanted to know if Aditya too has come back home. She just wanted to see him stand on his feet, strong and healthy. It's a pain to see him lying in the hospital bed.

After some time, the passenger door at the front opened, and Aditya got down from the car.

"Adi..." Zoya said and heaved in relief, looking at him. She ran out of the balcony and paced down the stairs and stopped herself as she reached down.

Aditya turned and looked at her, standing there, gasping for breath. Arjun looked at Zoya and then at Aditya. He just walked inside with the hospital folder, while Aditya closed the door, with his eyes still fixed on Zoya.