Chapter 6

Waseem sat at the chair in his study and said, "You know what Aditya Hooda? You are always egoistic and over-confident. You think you can influence anyone's heart, instigate them against their loved one and satisfy your desires. But unfortunately you end up as a failure!"

Aditya smiled as he sipped some water from the glass, "Great job, Mr. Siddiqui! So, sitting at home idly, this is what you have been doing. Thinking about me 24/7 and preparing character analysis reports on me. I bet even Zoya hasn't analyzed me like this when we were in love! Don't think about me this much Mr. Siddiqui...who knows...you may fall in love with me one fine day!"

"Aditya!" Waseem reprimanded, while Aditya closed his eyes in irritation and said, "Don't shout!! And tell me why did you call me?"

"I am not interested to even listen your voice. I came to know you are handling Zoya and Yash's marital home project. And with Yash being in New York, I heard that Zoya is dealing with you regarding it."

"So??"

"So, I just wanted to warn you to stay away from my daughter, and limit your interactions with her just professionally. Already she has gone through a lot because of you, so I don't want you to bother her anymore."

"Stay away from your daughter? Do you have Retrograde Amnesia, Mr. Siddiqui? I am already away from her since the last 3 years if you forgot..." Aditya said, while he added, "And why do you care if your daughter is spending time with me? She is engaged to someone...will be marrying in some days...why are you getting scared with her talking with me? You trust your daughter's stand right?"

Waseem had an angry look hearing it, while Aditya said, "And one more thing, I am not scared about your empty threats...if I wish, even now I can bring your daughter back in my life...as my wife, right in front of your eyes! You forgot how I married Zoya?"

That wasn't just an incident to forget; it was a nightmare for Waseem. He wanted to play smart by locking Zoya in a room till her wedding, while Zoya instead played smarter by pretending to fall unconscious and make him admit her in the hospital. And he still can't forgive him for not noticing Aditya escape with Zoya, hiding her in the stretcher, and crossing right in front of his eyes, while disguised as a compounder.

"Hello?? Throwback episodes going on?? Aditya asked with a smirk, while Waseem came back from his dreadful memory lane.

"Your daughter might not be that same Zoya, but I am still that Aditya Hooda. So, better don't play such threatening games with me!"

Saying so, Aditya put down the receiver and looked away with a furious look. Waseem cut the call and threw the phone on the table in anger.

"Yash got no one else to build the house?? This is really..." Waseem said and looked at the side, as he saw Roshnaq standing at the door.

Waseem just tried to ignore her and opened the books near him, and pretended to get busy over it.

Roshnaq walked away from the place, and muttered, "You can avoid answering me Waseem, but not the facts...I know you are not getting scared about Aditya. Because more than anyone, we both know Aditya is a man of principles and he keeps up his word, which he still follows. You are scared about Zoya...as you know the love she had for Aditya is more influential than your emotional dramas and her anger on Aditya."

Roshnaq sat at the sofa in the living room and looked at Zoya's photo kept at the table nearby.

"And unfortunately, you are also helping your dad win, Zoya. You can't see what I am able to see!"

***

"No no, Mr. Mehta!!"

Aditya moved the folder back to Deepak Mehta, their regular design contractor.