Chapter 30

Aditya and Zoya entered the hotel room at Udaipur, while a hotel staff brought their bags. They looked around the room, while Zoya spotted the balcony and walked towards it with an excited look.

"Sir, please call us in need of any help." The guy said, while he asked, "Would you like to have anything now?"

"Well, we will order after some time. Thank you." Aditya said with a smile, while the guy left the room. Aditya moved the bags aside, and looked around at the huge suite.

"Looks like these guys spent a good amount of money." Aditya shook his head, as he said with a smile, "Pooja and Arjun nah...God knows what else have they planned for."

Aditya spotted Zoya at the balcony, and walked towards her. He slid his arms around her waist, standing behind her, while Zoya shuddered with that abrupt touch.

"Adi! You scared me!" Zoya placed her hand on her chest, and took a deep breath.

"Why are you scared? Who else will come and hug you like this?" Aditya asked with a smile, resting his chin on her shoulder, "In fact, who else will dare to?"

Zoya blushed as she smiled hearing it, and she placed her arms over Aditya's arms. She looked around at the picturesque view of the place and said, "Didn't we always want to marry in a place like this, Adi?"

Aditya looked around at the place and said with a smile, "Yeah. We always wished for a destination wedding, but due to our circumstances that time, we had to marry in a rush. That too, without families...just with Arjun and my friend."

Zoya smiled, while she said after a pause, "Even now, we don't have our families with us, right?"

Aditya tilted his face towards her, while Zoya said in a worried tone, "Well, there is a development though. During our first wedding, I didn't have my parents present with me. This time...I don't have parents only."

Aditya took a deep breath, and lifted his face from her shoulder, and turned Zoya towards him. He held her face with his hands and said, "Baby, I know you are angry with Waseem Siddiqui for whatever he did with you and me. He deserves that too. But why are you keeping Roshnaq Ammi away too? She didn't do anything wrong, other than being a circumstantial victim right?"

Zoya turned away from him and rested her hands on the balcony railing, "Exactly, but why did she have to? What did anyone gain out of her silence, Adi? She suffered, I suffered, you suffered...only Waseem Siddiqui benefited out of that silence. Even now, why is she still choosing to live with that man? She knows everything about him. Still why is she with him?"

Aditya placed his hand over Zoya's hand, as he said, "Zoya, sometimes, we don't get answers for every 'why' in life. Even if we hunt for an answer, that answer will eventually give rise to another 'why'. So it's better to just leave it that way, and let the answers disclose itself at the right time. I am sure, she knows what she is doing, and she has her reasons for it."

"You know, how much she wanted to be at our wedding, Adi?" Zoya said emotionally, "Even during our first wedding, she was so heartbroken that she couldn't see it. Now, again...the situation has become so messed up that she can't see my wedding this time too. That man is not going to let her attend this wedding. I don't know why in the end, it's always him who gets the final victory."

With a dejected look, Zoya removed her hands off his hands, and walked inside the room, while Aditya looked at her. He took a deep breath and then looked out, drowned in thoughts.

***

Back in Mumbai, at Aditya's office, Pooja was in Aditya's cabin, going through the project files in his cabinet, while Arjun walked inside.