Chapter 21

"It's such a pleasure to see you both together, here!"

Zoya and Aditya smiled at Mrs. Mishra hearing it, as they had come to the Children's Home to meet Aadhya and discuss to Mrs. Mishra about adopting her.

"Zoya, I have known Aditya for nearly 2 years, and I have never seen him, this happy till date...trust me!" Mrs. Mishra said, while Zoya looked at Aditya with a smile.

"So, can we go and meet Aadhya?" Aditya asked, looking at Mrs. Mishra.

"Why not? Please!" Mrs. Mishra said, leading them out of her room, and taking them to the play room. As they walked towards the play room, Aditya handed over a bag to Mrs. Mishra, "Goodies for the kids."

"You never forget this huh, Aditya?" Mrs. Mishra took the bag with a smile, while she walked forward. They entered the play room, while Mrs. Mishra went to the kids playing at one side of the hall.

Aditya looked around and said Zoya, "Aadhya will be somewhere here...come..."

Zoya, on the other hand, looked at the kids excitedly running towards Mrs. Mishra to collect their toys and chocolates, with an emotional look.

"What happened, Zoya?" Aditya asked, placing his hand on her shoulder, noticing her gloominess, "What's wrong?"

"Look at these kids, Adi." Zoya said, looking at all the kids, "How much they too deserve the love of parents, siblings, relatives...but, sadly they live such a life, deprived off everyone. We fight with our parents if they don't buy us something for occasions or birthdays. And these kids, they don't even have anyone to fight with or ask anything rightfully..."

Aditya too looked at the children with a painful smile, as they excitedly showed each other the things they received.

"What mistake did they do to live such a life? Why don't they get the love they deserve, Adi?" Zoya asked, while Aditya took a deep breath and side hugged her, "Baby...I honestly don't have an answer to this...but all I can say is, these children too will get their deserved love in some or the other way. If not love from parents, they might find abundant love from some other relationships...like good trustworthy friends-like-family, affectionate life partners, beautiful kids...God never deprives any person off the love they deserve to get...just that, the way they get, and the time they get might differ from one another..."

Zoya nodded slightly, while Aditya said with a smile, "Just like how I have a caring brother, supportive friend and an adorable life partner in my life...to fill the void of my parents."

Zoya smiled, as she looked at him, while she spotted Aadhya far behind Aditya, playing alone with a sponge ball, at one corner of the room.

"There she is...one more soul who deserves our affection..." Zoya said with a smile, pointing out at Aadhya behind Aditya, while he turned back and looked at her. They both smiled at each other, as they walked towards her.

Aadhya threw the ball on the wall, and caught it back as it rolled back towards her. The next time she threw it on the wall, it rolled back beside her and she ran behind it, while she stopped, seeing the ball hitting against two persons' feet. She took her ball and looked up, and saw Aditya and Zoya looking at her with a smile.

"Can we take part in this game, little angel?" Aditya asked with a smile, while Aadhya had a wide smile looking at both of them, and she lifted her hands up towards Aditya gesturing him to pick her up.

Aditya bent down and carried her in his arms, as he gave her two kisses on either cheek.

"For me?" He asked, showing his cheek to her, while she gave a peck on his cheek, and giggled. Zoya was happy to see Aditya so happy around Aadhya. He experiences a unique sense of happiness and oneness, when he was with her; be it at the hospital that day, or be it today.