Prologue

The phone kept ringing and it echoed in the whole house, complimented by the rhythmic movement of the pendulum in the huge wall clock, located in the living room.

The house had a dark ambience with different sorts of paintings put up on each wall; each one speaking volumes. Every painting screamed emotions and pain, colored with a tinge of hope and longing.

Aditya mixed up two colors in his palette board and continued painting; his eyes communicating with the art.

The phone again started ringing, while Aditya, ignoring the phone, observed the painting, as he took his whisky glass and took a gulp of his drink. Holding the glass, he rubbed his beard and let out a satisfied smile.

He finished the drink fully and placed the glass on the table near him. He wrote below the painting:

"3 successful years of separation...still counting..."

He gazed at the painting and said in a husky tone, "Happy Anniversary Zoya!" He looked at Zoya's face in the painting and noticed how his art skills have got fine tuned over these years. He recalled her saying him once:

"Baby, you have got such a ravishing beauty as your wife, but your paintings show no justice to it. I mean, just look at my eyes in this. It looks so tired and lifeless."

Zoya said holding the painting in her hand with an unhappy look, as she was sitting in Aditya's lap, in the bed.

Aditya heaved as he sulked, "Darling, you always find some faults in whatever I do. You don't see the love I have for you, that I tried to make a portrait for the first time in my life, that too a portrait of you."

Zoya placed the painting at the bed and turned to Aditya as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Awww...baby!! I don't have to know how much you love me through such paintings only." She kissed him on his cheek, "Just that I want my Adi to be best in everything, not even a single flaw!"

The phone disrupted his flashback ride, and he looked at the phone. He picked it up, as he poured himself some more whiskey.

"Yeah, tell me Arjun."

"Bhai, I am calling you since the past one hour. Can't you at least message back?"

"Relax. Client's engagement party, yeah? I will be there in 20 minutes."

***

"So happy to see you here, Mr. Hooda! Thanks a lot for accepting my invitation."

Yash Arora shook hands with Aditya, while Aditya gave a light smile and said, "My pleasure! I hope I am not late."

"No, not at all! In fact even my fiancee reached late to the venue." Yash giggled as he looked behind Aditya.

"Ohh! There she is!! Meet my fiancee, Mr. Hooda!"

Hiding his disinterest, Aditya turned back and he felt his heart existing in his body after a long time, as it thumped louder than it actually would. His hands and body turned cold, as he saw Zoya approaching towards the stage, dressed up in a traditional attire in the place of the bride, with two girls next to her.

"Zoya, your Prince Charming is looking dashing! Just look at him!" The girls giggled as they brought Zoya towards the stage.

Zoya just responded with a brief smile, while Yash moved from the place, holding his phone close to his ear, due to the loud music, talking to someone.

Zoya looked up and halted all of a sudden looking at Aditya standing at the stage. She tried to suppress the amount of shock her heart experienced at that moment, as she saw Aditya looking intensely at her; was it out of anger, heartbreak or happiness in seeing her; she didn't know.

All she knew was, neither was it a good meeting, nor a good timing. Meeting your ex-husband at your engagement, with your future husband, doesn't even sound blissful.

So, how was the prologue friends?

This is going to be an intense story with so many AdiYa flashbacks. ❤️

Do let me know your reviews on it! :)