Chapter 16

Zoya was travelling in the taxi, with a completely restless look. The meeting with Aditya some moments back, has to be definitely added in her list of the most unforgettable scenarios in life.

"Do I...do I have a child?"

Zoya closed her eyes, letting the welled up tears flow down her cheeks. That question just sprained her heart hard. He asked that question to her, but she felt the lumped up emotions in his throat.

Aditya never walks away from any person or situation, no matter how heated up or violent it is. He faces it daringly, except when is on the verge of a breakdown. He hates breaking down in front of others, so he just walks away in a huff without giving heed to anyone. And he just did that few moments back...he walked away.

He didn't even wait for Zoya to answer that question, nor did he stay back to spend time with Aadhya. He just left the place in a huff, ignoring Mrs. Mishra calling out to him too. He was walking away, but Zoya could already sense that he was breaking apart.

Zoya was in an emotional mess, and as she was nearing the house, her heartbeats went erratic.

Ya Allah! What am I going to say to Adi now? How am I even going to explain all this? How is even Adi going to process all these things? Adi...Adi, how do I say you...that we had a baby...we were supposed to have one...but actually don't have now...how do I say this to you? I myself don't have the courage to relive all those memories...how will you handle this truth Adi?

The taxi stopped outside Aditya's house compound. Zoya paid the taxi driver and entered the compound with a racing heart. She saw Aditya's car outside the house, with the driver side door left open. She clutched the gate as she confirmed, that she guessed the atmosphere at Aditya's place, right.

Zoya took a deep breath and decided to move forward and face the storm. One or the other day, this had to happen. Let that be this day, she decided.

She moved towards the house, while her phone rang. With an irritated expression, she took out the phone and saw Waseem calling her. She stared at her screen and simply switched off the phone. She was not in the mood to argue with her father about anything or anyone, especially anything about Aditya. Aditya needs her the most at the moment than anyone; her heart was sure about that. Everything else can wait.

She walked to the door and noticed that it was not properly shut. With an abated breath, she opened it and tripped on something. She pushed the door open and saw things scattered on the floor, and Aditya's blazer lying on the music system, in a messed up state.

"No...Adi..." Zoya muttered and looked around, searching for Aditya. He was nowhere to be seen.

"Adi!! Adi!!!" Zoya called out loud, with a quivering voice.

Zoya's voice reached Aditya's ears faintly, as he was sitting in his room, on the floor, leaning along the wall. His face was pale and lifeless, eyes were worn out, with his cheeks still damp and wet.

"The Queen waited for 9 months to bring out that little princess to the world...and after a lot of struggles and pain, finally one day, on 20th September, 2016...the King and Queen's little princess came to the world..."

Aditya's eyes welled up for the umpteenth time recalling that line by Zoya, and he slowly travelled back the memory lane.

"Got it!!" Zoya said with a cheerful face, while Aditya lifted his face from the notebook.

"What?" Aditya asked, while Zoya said, "Aadhya!"

"Aadhya? Baby, my name is Aditya, not Aadhya!" Aditya said, as he came and sat next to Zoya.