Chapter 25

Arjun came out of the hospital and looked around, searching for Aditya. He walked towards his car, and saw Aditya leaning along the bonnet of the car with hands folded across his chest. Arjun walked towards Aditya, and stood opposite him.

"Bhai, there's nothing to worry. Dr. Afreen has given an assurance, that you will be alright, provided you take the proper treatment. So, please don't stress about it. We will manage, Bhai..." Arjun said, "We will soon start with the treatment and..."

"Zoya is busy planning for the wedding, Arjun..." Aditya interrupted his words in a low tone, as he looked up at Arjun, "Pooja has gone home today to plan the wedding theme and location with her...Zoya is very excited about it...She wants our wedding this time...to be a memorable one."

Arjun listened to him with an emotional look, while Aditya smirked, "She has asked me to come home soon this entire week, to shop for the wedding...and now, I have to go and say, that let's plan for my treatment first, wedding next...right? That too...if I survive the treatment..."

"Bhai, what are you speaking?" Arjun placed his hands on Aditya's arms, "You will be alright soon, and nothing will happen to you...and regarding the treatments, we will make Bhaabhi understand..."

Aditya shook his head in denial, as he pushed back his hair and said in an exhausted tone, "You know Arjun, my life again seems dead in the water. There's no hope...I am unable to function...feeling blank right now. I don't see anything ahead." Aditya looked at Arjun with a painful smile, "People do go through such phases in their life at times. But I...my life has always been dead in the water. I felt it for the first time when Zoya left my life...and now having Zoya by my side, I still feel dead in the water...it's pathetic right?"

Aditya clutched his temples, "And it hurts me that, thus time I myself am a reason for this situation. In fact, my life should be a lesson to some people. We get addicted to alcohol and other unwanted habits thinking it as a remedy for our pain. But if your life does change for the better, that time, your previous deeds comes to haunt you in the form of issues or diseases...We invite permanent troubles while trying to find temporary relief. Look at me now. I myself invited all this mess...and now I am going to put my Zoya too in all this pain."

Aditya banged the car in anger, while Arjun held him and tried to control him, "Bhai, please don't strain yourself. I know you are worried thinking about how Zoya Bhaabhi is going to take all this. You feel that she isn't strong enough to handle all this. But I am sure, she is sensible enough to understand things. She will definitely be your support...physically and emotionally..."

"She will look at me like a patient, right Arjun?" Aditya asked with tears, "Hereafter, she will always look at me with concern, panic...even if I cough normally, she will get scared. She won't be able to express her love for me like before right? My Zoya...she will always be tensed and restless...taking me to hospital...for treatments...her life is going to be full of stress...taking care of me. Did she come back in my life...to face all this? And...and Aadhya?"

Arjun looked on emotionally, while Aditya added, "Aadhya...we are planning to adopt her too. Am I going to put her through with all this stress? Zoya...Zoya will blame herself for all this. She will think that, she was the reason that I got addicted to alcohol and got affected with such a health condition...but it's...it's actually...it's me...I...I was..."

Aditya struggled to speak, as he gasped for breath, while Arjun immediately rushed to the car and took out the water bottle and brought it to Aditya.

"Bhai, please calm down...please!" Arjun said in a nervous tone, while Aditya drank water, and then closed his eyes and tried to calm himself down.

"Bhai, please control yourself. Right now, you go home and take rest. Let's not talk about this to anyone today. Whatever has to be done, we will decide tomorrow. I will drop you home now...please calm down. Everything will be alright. I am with you."