Chapter 29

It was night, and the weather was chilly in Mumbai that day. Aditya parked his car, and Zoya got out with a smile.

"Coming to the beach after such a long time!" Zoya said looking at the breathtaking view of the sea at night, while Aditya too got of the car and walked towards Zoya, while locking his car.

"Shall we?" Aditya asked with a smile, as he extended his hand at Zoya, while Zoya held his arm and walked towards the beach.

They both walked towards the sea, and Zoya clutched on to Aditya's arms as she said, "Adi, remember the last time we both came to the beach together?"

"3 years back. When we came to Mumbai to celebrate our 2nd anniversary." Aditya said, while Zoya said with a light smile, "You know Adi, after that too I have come to this beach a couple of times...alone. But I never thought that once again I would be coming to this place with you..." Zoya wrapped her arms tighter around his arm, "That too like this."

Aditya looked at her and smiled, while they both sat down, some meters away from the sea. They both looked at the gushing waves, while Aditya asked, "Zoya, have you noticed that we always had a connection with the sea?"

"Like?" Zoya asked, looking at him.

"We first met in the water...in London..." Aditya looked at Zoya, while she chuckled recalling their hilarious encounter and said, "Yeah...when you saved me from 'giving up my life'."

"Yeah...that stupid bet you had with your friends..." Aditya rolled his eyes, while Zoya hit him by her elbow, and Aditya dodged it with a smile.

"And then...I proposed you too in front of the beach." Aditya said, while Zoya smiled reminiscing that moment and said, "Time has flown so soon, right?"

"True." Aditya said, as he held Zoya's hand, and looked at the sea, "And how many changes did we have too...I met you as a college-mate, then you became my crush, later girlfriend, wife...and then..." Aditya took a pause, "Then...ex-wife...then again after 2 years, I met you as my client's fiancée, then tenant...and now again, we have come back to the same place from where we started our journey."

Zoya had a brief smile, as she rested her head on Aditya's shoulder, "We both must be one such couple who experienced such diverse relationships with each other in a single lifetime, right Adi?"

Aditya smiled hearing it, as he rested his head too over hers, while Zoya added, "But what matters is, now we are together; even closer than before. And now, we have a whole life ahead which will just have happiness and love. Gone are the days of tears and distress. It's just going to a beautiful ride ahead. Right, Adi?"

Aditya's hold on Zoya's hand tightened hearing those words, while he recalled the actual reason why he was there with Zoya at the moment. It's high time that she knows about his health condition, but he was more worried about her condition after hearing that. Looking at the dreams she has for their future, his mind was in a turmoil. He never knew that the moment he had been waiting for all these three years, would happen this way along with so much pain.

He stood up and walked towards the sea, while Zoya looked on. She too stood up and walked towards him.

"Before you plan more about our future...I have some things to say."

Zoya stopped hearing it, some steps behind Aditya, while Aditya looked forward at the sea and watched the waves gushing in and out.

"This might be happening all over again. We both getting married, starting a married life..." Aditya said with a smile, "But, so many things have changed, Zoya. It's not the same as it was 5 years back."