Chapter 11

It was 8 in the morning, and Zoya was looking into her mobile and checking her mails, standing in the balcony, while drinking her black coffee. She had a lot of work to do that day; shopping some necessary stuff for the house and mainly something to cook.

Just then a wasp flew towards her, and out of panic, Zoya jerked away, dropping the coffee mug down. She looked down in horror and was startled to find Aditya walking out to the backyard.

"Adi!!! Move!!!"

The mug fell just behind Aditya, and broke into pieces, while a startled Aditya turned back and saw a broken coffee mug.

"What the hell..." Aditya looked up and saw Zoya standing at the balcony looking down, with a relieved face that it didn't hit Aditya.

"You dropped this on me?? Really?" Aditya asked looking up at Zoya.

"What? I mean...I only dropped it...but..." Zoya explained, while Aditya placed his hands on his hips looking down with a smirk.

"Unbelievable! You came to stay here with this intention only?"

"Intention? What intention?" Zoya asked in a louder tone, bending her head down looking at Aditya.

"You came here to murder me?"

"Murder!! What on earth are you talking!" Zoya asked with a baffled expression on her face.

"Then what? If this had fallen on my head, my head would have broken. Just look at the mug!" Aditya looked down at the thick broken pieces of the coffee mug, "I am sure you came here with a murder mission only. No wonder you changed your decision overnight!"

"Are you nuts? Why will I murder you? And do I look like someone who will murder people? Really?" Zoya asked with an angry face.

"Why won't you? After all you are Waseem Siddiqui's daughter. Even you might be criminal minded like him...who knows!!" Aditya said, while Zoya responded furiously, "How dare you!!! You...just wait!!"

Zoya rushed inside her house from the balcony, while Aditya touched his head and looked at his fingers to check if he was bleeding somewhere.

"You!! Now tell me...what were you talking about?" Zoya walked towards Aditya at the backyard and stood opposite him with an angry look.

"See! This is what I was telling! Just look at your facial expression now. You have all that murderer look on your face...that wrath, fury, violence...it's all over your face!" Aditya said making a circle around her face, with his index finger.

"Adi!! Stop it...this is not funny!" Zoya warned him, "I was having coffee and suddenly something flew towards my face. I startled and dropped the mug by mistake...not that I wanted to murder you! Stop talking like a fool!!"

"Fool! Who me?" Aditya asked in an argumentative tone, walking closer to her, "I will be a fool if I believe this story of yours! How come, 'whatever' that flew towards your face came exactly when I was coming out? This has to be a strange coincidence, isn't it?"

"What are you trying to say now? I am concocting stories?" Zoya asked with an unbelievable look.

"Of course you are!! I mean...how come everything had to happen exactly this way? And why won't you have a motive to do this? After all, you hate me. Definitely you could have come up with such a plan to finish me off. Right?"

Zoya looked away in anger, and she stared at Aditya, "You know what Adi? You have reached to a conclusion in your mind, that I did this on purpose to harm you. So, whatever I say, you are not going to believe me, because you don't want to!"