Chapter 24

A car stopped outside a restaurant, and Waseem got out of the driver seat with a distressed look. He opened the restaurant door and looked around, and his eyes stopped at a table. He walked towards the table with a furious look and sat in the chair in a huff.

"What do you think of yourself? Why the hell have you come like this?" Waseem asked in a controlled voice, with anger brewing all over his face.

The guy, who was well-built with curly hair and a rugged look, smiled and looked over Waseem's head and waved at the waiter, "One coffee for Sir!"

Waseem closed his eyes and let out a breath, out of frustration, while the guy sipped his coffee and said, "The coffee is so good here, Waseem Sahab. I am sure you will love it too!"

"Are you testing my patience?" Waseem asked gritting his teeth, "You think I came on a coffee date with you, idiot?"

The guy choked on his coffee as he laughed looking at Waseem, while he put down his coffee cup and leaned forward, "Come on Waseem Sahab...if I had to go on a date, I would have chosen someone better than you..." He controlled his smile, as he added, "Alright! I shall come to the point, then. Well, I wanted a small help from Waseem Sahab."

"Help? What help?"

The waiter came and placed a coffee cup near Waseem, while Waseem, without minding it, just looked at the guy, waiting for him to explain.

"It's my sister's wedding next month. And I am in need of some money you know...a small amount."

"So?" Waseem asked, staring at the guy.

"So..." The guy looked at Waseem and raised his eyebrows, "That's why I called you. I want you to arrange that money for me."

"Are you joking or something?" Waseem asked with an angry look, "Why should I give you money?"

"Because we have a long-lost bond, right Waseem Sahab?" The guy asked, "You...me...your...son-in-law...You forgot our bond so soon?"

Waseem rolled his eyes and said in a low tone, gritting his teeth, "But I paid you that time itself, right? We were done right then! And moreover, you didn't even complete the assigned work properly, and I am still suffering because of your incomplete work. You should have in fact returned the money I gave you, but you have the audacity to ask me more?"

"That's not my fault!" He shrugged his hands, "The way I hit his car...that intensity...he would have definitely not seen the next day, had that stupid girl not come in between and taken him to the hospital. What to do...that fellow had a long life span. He survived even such a brutal attack. So, you can't blame me for that. Anyway, I don't have time to talk about the flashbacks now and waste time, Waseem Sahab. Just give me what I need and I shall leave...I promise!"

Waseem closed his eyes and let out a breath out of frustration. He took out his wallet and asked, "Fine. How much do you want?"

"Only 15 lakhs. That's it!"

Waseem opened his eyes wide, and exclaimed, "15 lakhs! Are you kidding me?" He looked at the surroundings and lowered his voice, "Where will I go for 15 lakhs?"

The guy chuckled, "That's your problem...go anywhere you wish. But I so badly need this money." He leaned back on the chair and said with a smile, "Come on, Waseem Sahab, you can do this for me...after all, I have done so much for you...I have taken a lot of risk for you, remember?"

"Are you blackmailing me?" Waseem asked in an angry tone.

The guy shrugged his shoulder, "Maybe, you can call that way. See...your son-in-law knows my face well...By chance, if he sees me anywhere, I could be put behind bars. Still, I will try to not tell your name...if..." He stressed the last word, "If and only if...you help me out..."