Chapter 3

"I hope I am not late."

Aditya sat at the chair, opposite Zoya, looking into his watch, as he took off his sun glasses.

"No no...in fact, we reached earlier." Yash said with a smile, while Zoya was fiddling with the cutlery in front of her and looking at Aditya. She was wondering how could he act so normal as if she is a totally new stranger to him, and he only knows her as Yash's fiancée.

"I am sorry that I disturbed you during your working hours. I know you are very busy, but I thought to just discuss briefly about the house project here, rather than at office." Yash said, while the waiter came to the table.

Yash looked at the waiter and looked at Aditya, "What would you like to have?"

Aditya looked at the waiter and said, "Veg Sandwich..."

Yash placed his order, after discussing with Zoya. The waiter left while Yash asked with an amused look, "That's it for lunch??"

"I don't eat much these days..." Aditya said with a brief smile, while Yash smiled and said, "So, well, Mr. Hooda..."

"You can call me Aditya...it's cool."

"Okay...Aditya..." Yash said, as he rested his hands on the table, "The previous construction project which you did for me was top notch. In fact, every person who comes to visit my office, never fails to speak about the office and its architecture. I must say you are extremely talented."

Aditya smiled hearing that, while Zoya looked at him, silently agreeing with Yash's compliments, in her mind. Keeping her differences with Aditya apart, she had to accept that he is the one of the most talented architectural engineer in her knowledge. When it's a question of talented creativity with perfection, any name comes only after Aditya Hooda.

"So, I want you to do the same magic with my personal project too...my marital home with Zoya!" Yash said putting his hand over Zoya's shoulders, while Zoya sat up straight with that unexpected gesture from Yash.

She smiled at Yash briefly, and took a quick glance at Aditya. Aditya too smiled looking at Yash and Zoya, while his bandaged right hand portrayed his anger by gripping his mobile hard; his hand being under the table.

Aditya cursed his fate, for putting him in such a situation, to watch quietly, someone else exerting rights on his love. If she was his Zoya right now, Yash would have probably started searching for his right hand by this time.

But unfortunately, she was here as Yash Arora's fiancée. And she gave this opportunity to him; he had no rights anymore. But the damn feelings, he cursed it. In the pressure exerted on his already bruised hand, blood started dripping through his wound and the blood started getting visible on the bandage cast.

"It can be done as per your wish, no worries!!" Aditya said in an assuring tone, trying to change that scenario, while the waiter came with the dishes, and kept the dishes in front of them.

Aditya placed his phone on the table, and picked up the knife and fork to eat, while Zoya noticed blood dripping out of the bandage in Aditya's hand.

"Ya Allah!!!" Zoya dropped her spoon on the table, and held Aditya's hand abruptly, with a petrified look.

Yash looked at that, and saw that Aditya had a bandage on his hand, and the wound was bleeding.

"Adi...Blood!! How did you get hurt so badly??" Zoya asked Aditya, rubbing his hand, while Aditya looked at Zoya with a stunned look, with his hand still on her hand, slightly trembling. It hurt him sharply; not the wound, but hearing 'Adi' in her voice after such a long time. He has never enjoyed anyone call him 'Adi' as much as he enjoyed hearing it in her voice; filled with feelings and emotions.