Chapter 18

"Come on Zoya...I want to know!"

Aditya said, still holding Zoya, while she said, shaking her head in denial, "Adi, it's not like how you think..."

"Then how??" Aditya asked pulling her closer, "Why are you still putting up this show? Why do you force yourself to be in this relationship, when it's so evident that it means nothing to you? Just to irritate me? Irk me? Is that the reason?"

Zoya looked down, while Aditya released his hold from Zoya and took a deep breath.

"Zoya, just listen to me..." Aditya said, while Zoya looked up at him. He added, "I am not saying all this to influence you to come back in my life. No matter you come back to me or not, but I don't want you to stay in a forced relationship with someone. I loved a headstrong and independent woman who stood by what she wants firmly. Not a woman who is tied up to a relationship and staying with her lips sealed, when she doesn't even consider that man in her life."

Zoya was affected by those words, while Aditya added, "But if you still want to go on with this relationship, up to you...and my best wishes! But, I don't want to have any emotional attachment with someone else's fiancée. I don't know about you, but I don't want to play around with that man who genuinely trusts my bond with his fiancée. My equation with you now, is going to depend on your decision regarding your relationship with him!"

Saying so, Aditya just left the place. Zoya just stood there, her mind lingering over that moment and his words.

Aditya came back to the restaurant after a while and walked to the table, while Yash, Pooja and Arjun looked at him, giving a break to their conversation.

"Where did you go Aditya? You took a lot of time." Yash asked with a smile.

"Just...a phone call..." Aditya said, and avoided growing that conversation further, by looking into his plate.

"Even Zoya hasn't come back yet. Well, I will go check on her..." Yash said and got up from his chair, while Aditya's sight followed Yash, till he walked out of that place.

Arjun and Pooja immediately looked at Aditya, while Pooja asked, "Adi, what were you up to? Where is Zoya?"

"Nothing...she wanted me to talk and I talked...that's it." Aditya said with a serious face, tapping the spoon on his plate.

"What?" Arjun asked, "Bhai, you didn't create any issue right? I mean...you guys didn't have a fight or anything yeah?"

"Why will I create issues? And I look like someone who simply fights without any reason?" Aditya asked in a loud tone, while he looked around and lowered his voice, "She is the one who is creating all awkward situations and issues, and I am the one who hears the blame, for cooperating with the situation. Great!"

"Bhai, why are you getting angry now? I just asked..." Arjun said, while Pooja signaled Arjun to stay quiet observing Aditya's mood.

Just then, Yash came back with Zoya and they took their seats, while Aditya preferred to not look at Zoya. Zoya just took a glance at him, while she looked into her plate in thoughts and she looked at her ring shining in her hand.

"I don't want to have any emotional attachment with someone else's fiancée!"

Zoya silently had her food, while Aditya looked at her reflection through the tinted glass table. She was lost in thoughts. And he pretty much knew that his words were scrolling across her mind at that moment. And that's exactly what he wanted. After the incident with Waseem, he was confident that she is still living in his memories. And since that moment, he made sure that he drives Zoya out of this relationship.