The Beginning

A few months after bucky left

Ginny's POV

Bucky hasn't responded to my letter lately I hope he's ok I think as I feel a sick feeling in my stomach. Then the doorbell rings. I'm only nine but I should check it out.

"Yes" I say while I poke my head out the door. Oh it's just a letter, maybe Bucky responded. But my hope quickly went away as I read the letter.

Dear, family of Sargent James Barnes,we are terribly sorry to inform you he has fallen off a train and there is no way he could survive the fall.
Signed Colonel Phillips
Ginny, Im sorry I should've saved him or let him go home, but I asked him to come with me to defeat HYDRA and the Nazis. Ill be home for his funeral
Signed Cap. Steve Rogers

I started to cry and crying turned to sobbing for hours until I got really hungry. I got some bread and made a PB and J for dinner then I went and cried myself to sleep

The next day

I woke up for school. I didnt want to but I knew I had to go. I didnt have any friends or anything so it sucked more as I got bullied and pushed around the day after I found out the news.

"Here" I said trying to hold back tears while the teacher did attendance.

"Ginny whats wrong" she said as I looked down

"Nothing"

"How about you go to the office for a minute"

"Ok" I said as I got up to go

I started to cry as I walked the 1st grade halway because its where bucky dropped me off for my first day of school ever and I never wanted him to leave me

I got to the office and the vice principal pulled me into her little cubicle office.

"Ginny somethings up Ive seen that look in your face before when somethings wrong"

"I g-got a-a le-letter" I choked out behind sobs.

"About what sweetheart" she asked in a comforting tone

"B-bu-bucky" and then I started to cry really hard

"Ohh sweetheart" she said pulling me into a tight hug like Bucky's until I stopped crying.

The day of the Funeral

I got dressed up in all black for the funeral. We were burying an empty casket which I hated. I went up and said a few words since I was the closest family member.

"How are you Gin" Steve asked as he pulled me closer to him

"Better than I was on the first day I found out" which was true I accepted it a little more each day. "Im gonna step outside for a minute ok"

"Ok Gin"

I went for a little walk and I was about halfway through and then "bam" I was shoved into a dark alley.

"Virginia Maureen Barnes your coming with me whether you like it or not" and then he hit on tthe temple with his gun.