Getting Older

Bucky will be in italics

Steve will be in bold italics

                                     1934
                                    Home

Bucky's POV

Its been 2 years since Ginny was born and thats enough time for someone to go from the mom you grew up with to a woman that stumbles drunk into your house every night with a new man. God shes such a drunk, I can't let her anywhere near Ginny. I think as I hear the door open late at night after I went to put Ginny down. I have been holding a job and taking care of Ginny with the help of steve and his family.

The next day

Steve showed up at my house to watch Ginny while I went to work.

"Bye Buck" I hear him say as I make my way out the door

"Take care of Ginny Ill be back in 8 hours"
I say as I start walking to work I work at a store that pays just enough to take care of a baby and have enough to buy food.

Steves POV

Ok, we are all alone. I think as I look to the couch where Ginny is sitting there playing with a wooden toy Bucky made her.

After work

Bucky's POV

I grabbed some pasta, tomatoes and sausage off the shelves of the store I work at and went up to my co worker who is a nice lady probaly in her 60s or 70s.

I walk up and she says " Just go dear I know your caring for your little sister"

"Thank you so much" I say as I walk away grateful I dont have spend 10 dollars on the food for tonight. After I get home steve starts to cook (since I somehow burn the pasta every time) and I get Ginny to sleep.

Steves POV

"Shes already asleep" I say because Bucky went up there less than 10 minutes ago.

"Yeah she falls asleep pretty fast for a 2 year old, we got real lucky" He says with a loving look on his face as he talks about his little sister.

"Can I stay the night, I know you dont have work tomorrow but I think we should have some fun with the 3 of us"  I say hoping I dont have to walk home in the dark alone and I do want to do something fun with both of them.

"Of course you're always welcome to stay the night and I'm not gonna let you walk home all by yourself in the dark" He said while eating some of the pasta we made after he got Ginny to sleep.

Bucky's POV

"Did you hear that" Steve says as I hear bottles crashing and stools falling over.

"Ill go check it out, you stay here with Ginny"
I say as I make my way out if my bed.

Moms probably home. I think as I cringe at the thought of that vile woman being anywhere near my sister. Oh, theres a note.

The note says

Im going to go live a life without you monster children in it. I dont care what you do, you could die and I wouldnt even notice. You are not my children anymore.

As I read I feel hate then anger and by the end if the note nothing. I knew this would happen sometime and I'm glad it happened now rather than when Ginny could remember what happened.