The Red Room

10 year old Natasha's POV

1995
The Red Room

It was weird how Shadow didn't have much of a personality. She just followed all the commands given to her. She can do things no one else can and she just follows orders. She also had a large scar on her face.

"How did you get the scar on your face?" I sent a note through the bricks after she sent the a note saying we can now so Dreykov doesn't find out she has human interaction. It took about 5 minutes but I finally got a response

Before I came here I was in HYDRA. They tortured me for fun and gave me my abilities. They have another soldier with super strength, they called him the Winter Soldier. He was the most ruthless killer in HYDRA. They put me in a fight with him. At the end I went for his legs but he pulled out a knife and sliced my face with it.

I was hoping it wouldn't have been because of someone else but it was and I felt bad for asking.

Winter Shadows POV

I have special training for my abilities with an instructor who can take the beating Dreykov has me give to him.

"Go join the other girls at Snow Stealth and Combat training" Dreykov said.

"Yes sir" I said

As I walk outside to training with Natasha and the other 10 year old girls I see them shivering.

"How are you not cold" Natasha asks

I just shrugged at the question. I was trained for being in the cold hence the name Winter Shadow. During training the instructor made up sneak up on her. I was the first to pounce on her and straddle her ready to fight.

"Good job young one" she said in a cold tone " Ill put in a good report to Dreykov"

"Thank you ma'am" I say with no emotion.

After stealth and combat the other girls had to go to the ballet for the cover. I had to go to daily mental training where Dreykov made sure I still listened to my words and did whatever I was told.

"Sniper"

"Battle"

"Nightfall"

"Shadow"

"Nine"

"Daggers"

"Train"

"Power"

"Taken"

"Dissapeared"

"Ready to comply" I said blankly.

1996
The Red Room

Dreykovs POV

"We'll give her back to you in a year and half, but you have to pay me 1mil because Im losing my best girl" I said after negotiation about Shadow with HYDRA because they want her back.

11 year old Natasha's POV

I keep wondering why Shadow goes down to that room after stealth and combat training. She alays come back with a more blank look than she already had to begin with. Dreykov usally makes her do his dirty work because she listens to everything he say no matter how cruel or violent. Its honestly sick what he's doing to her. I think as I hear the screamd from downstairs.

"Are you ok" I ask with a note.

"Yes, why" she sent back

"I heard screaming and saw you with blood on your face" I sent with half a heart on the page to make sure she knows I'm there for her.

"Its not mine" she said and she completed the heart in the page. My face turned pale.

"Are you ok" a girl named Oksana asks "You looked pretty scared"

"Im fine dont worry" I said with a forced smile.

Winter Shadows POV

I was asleep when I heard a loud bang in the room next to me and screaming. Then Dreykov run into my room and says he has to get ne out of there and grabs me.

"Natasha is valuable make sure you grab her too" I say with an emotionless expression.

"I was already planning on getting her out of there, she's second best only to you"

Thats when I see who is breaking in it's one of HYDRAs new super soldiers that I helped create. They are really strong, maybe even stronger than Winter. I wasn't scared, just thinking about Natasha. She was the only friend I've ever had that I remember. Dreykov led me into the room and sat me in a chair and satryed reading my words

"Sniper"

"Battle"

"Nightfall"

"Shadow"

"Nine"

"Daggers"

"Train"

"Power"

"Taken"

"Dissapeared"

"Shadow" he said in a cold voice.

"Ready to comply" I say challenging his coldness.

"Go find Natasha, then after shes safe kill the other soldier" he says

"Yes sir" I say as I get up to leave. "I will not fail. Never have never will"

I show up to the room where the soldier is and I scan it to find Natasha. Shes hiding with some other girls behind a book shelf. I go over and grab Natasha.

"Go down the stairs" I whisper in her ear as I get her out if there. Then I get my powers ready for a tough fight. They have had 5 years to train. I don't think he was trained to fight someone like me because he didn't touch me before I sliced his thighs and threw him off the cliff outside the window to his death. I leave the girls in the room and head down to Dreykov.

"Why did they attack here" I ask coldly

"They didn't  like that I wasn't going to give you up for another year"

"Well we are lucky. Winter didn't come here otherwise we might not be alive right now"